• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic book collecting with a foreign variant focus
20 20

4,874 posts in this topic

:cloud9:

Aventura%20295_zps8yx6wrgt.jpg

I have the price variant, even rarer :sumo:

31243787381_0a679edb53_b.jpg

The indica say Sept 1963, so this is not a reprint. Did you take a picture of the inside front cover before slabbing? It would be interesting to compare the indicas

I wish I did. Strange that my copy is missing that info on the cover. hm

:cloud9:

Aventura%20295_zps8yx6wrgt.jpg

I have the price variant, even rarer :sumo:

31243787381_0a679edb53_b.jpg

The indica say Sept 1963, so this is not a reprint. Did you take a picture of the inside front cover before slabbing? It would be interesting to compare the indicas

I wish I did. Strange that my copy is missing that info on the cover. hm

I remember reading that Novaro comics were produced in Mexico, but distributed in almost every spanish language country, but they introduced small differences depending of the country. In this case, since the comics was for the Spanish market, they put the price in the country's currency (pesetas)

Top 5 foreign editions of the year post here I come. (thumbs u

You know, 2016 has been a great year for me foreign comic-wise. Personally though, I have had to reduce the amount of coin I spend in comparison to years past. Raising a family has really started getting more expensive as the kids get older. I have had to change the way I spend and really reduce the amount of books that I pick up to ones that really matter. That being said this year still rocked….. I have seen the market realize some great prices on certain foreign books. Also, I have had some great opportunities to snag some great rare foreign keys, and last but not least…. I have seen rock solid friendships continue to grow and even created new friendships thanks to this niche and new players on the scene! I gotta thank the FCC crew for being my buds, you know who you are. And, I have really enjoyed sharing knowledge of the niche to some new collectors on the scene.

Top 5 foreign editions for the year of 2016 by order of receiving them!

The Finish Spiderman 129 mail away-Lets start by saying this book had a really really low print run. Then second, lets remind people that most of these were mailed to Finish collectors with address stickers on the back cover! A hoard of these were found and some totally mint copies without stickers hit the market late 2015 early 2016. I was able to nab one and I gotta say its one of my favorite 129 foreign to date.

1_2.jpg

The La Prensa 1st him Mexican!-I am not sure if Warlock will make the MCU? But who cares, I have always liked FF 67 and owing the La Prensa is something special. Higher grade Prensas are really rare and this copy is beautiful! Very stoked….

2_2.jpg

The Australian TIP TOP 98-Of all the Bats 227 foreigns this bad boy and the Arabic 227 are the toughest. Many 227 set builders cry after years of trying to find one. For whatever reason this book rarely comes up for sale even when many Aussie books around this number will pop up on Aussie ebay. Why so few buying opps? Who knows, but this is a must have book for any 227 set builders and is a real gem of a foreign key in any grade.

3_3.jpg

Filipino National bookstore Weird Western 12- Wow, and I mean wow for how cool this book is…. I only know of 4 copies that have surfaced. The nicest of those four resides with me! YAY!!!!! Unreal in its awesomeness not only because of Jonahs 3rd appearance and wicked cover…. but because of its rarity as a Filipino bookstore edition. WOW

4_2.jpg

And last but not least my Spidey 238 Iclandic-Another humdinger! This bad boy is sick…. cool green background and Icelandic title, combined with massive rarity! The rumor is these icelandic books had print runs as low as 1600 copies! Imagine that? Thats miniature compared to most foreign print runs which were still very small compared to American distribution. What does that mean? That means this is probably the rarest edition of the Hobgoblins 1st appearance in comic form in the world! And one of these lives with me in its forever home. lol

5_1.jpg

Thanks for reading and putting up with my wildly_fanciful_statement for 2016. If any of you ever need help, or have questions, or even planning a trip to Albuquerque or Santa fe let me know. Id love to meet up for a few beers and talk foreigns. :headbang:

Edited by Define999

hi everyone.

I manage 3 ebay stores, where i sell foreign comics, mainely portuguese comics. I offer free shipping on purchases of 3 or more comics.

Here are the links. feel free to contact me. Thank you

http://www.ebay.com/usr/maria1elisa?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

http://www.ebay.com/usr/duart.suzet?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

http://www.ebay.com/usr/duart.gabi?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

I'm going to Germany later this month, can anyone recommend some stores in Berlin or Munich?

Recently purchased these on ebay.au

Are they variants or B/W reprints? They are both from  the 1950s. 

Atlas had both a 'Navy Action' and 'Marines in Action', but the covers don't appear to coincide with any of the originals.

I'm only assuming Atlas. The 'Navy Action' has that angled stripe on the top left corner, same as Atlas issues of the era.

Are the covers from interior splash pages?

I'm after any connection to original US printed comics.

There is NO information anywhere on or in the bloody things to give me any idea of their origin.

Thanks.

SAVE1234.jpg

SAVE1235.jpg

Edited by HeyMoe

3 minutes ago, porcupine48 said:

i like 'em!

thought Charlton when I first saw them

Maybe I'll scan some interior art. It looks too good to be any of the Charlton war books of the early 60's. :shy: (But  what the hell do I know!)