• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SUPERGIRL official TV show thread
3 3

2,562 posts in this topic

Thanks but who's that second left?

Do you mean Diggle? I think Cisco redesigned his helmet. But now it is more sleak and less bulky.

Oh that's Diggle! I'm still a bit behind with Arrow. I didn't know he'd revamped his image. He looks like a vigilante biker :cool:

I did an image search and found this...

Banner-Image7-copy-21412.png

I thought I'd post it here... Y'know, just in case anyone was having difficulty recognising which parts of Diggle's head weren't helmet ;)

I enjoyed this week's Supergirl. Quite the assortment of aliens too.

But why is Hank Henshaw calling himself Cyborg Superman? And why make his lines so bad when you have such a solid actor?

Really liked the Barry and Cisco appearance. Who were those aliens after Mon-El?

supergirl-medusa-5551-pm-214150.jpeg

I kinda felt let down about the whole 4 night crossover after seeing such a small cameo at the end. I hope that's not going to continue & only end in a real team up in LoT Thursday night.

I have to agree, I was expecting more of a direct buildup to the Invasion story. Not that it be a tail-end insert.

But from the review I posted in the Legends of Tomorrow thread from one of the news sites, he had really positive feedback on the next three Invasion episodes.

:wishluck:

1) Since he was spawned by Luthor Family involvement, probably from historic situations between Lex and Supes which has been mentioned briefly on the show.

2) Mon-El has demonstrated his super powers a few times. But I am wondering since he is still fairly new to Earth is he at full potential or not? Does someone with their body makeup gain their powers fairly quickly, or does it take years of taking in rays from our sun?

Yeah I felt excited by the concept of bringing back the original Hank as Cyborg Superman and then cheated by how they skipped any/all background/reason/justification for him to be calling himself that.

Seems like such a huge missed opportunity. Cadmus could have dressed him up in a costume and sent him out in the world as a superpowered half Cyborg/half human hero... saying the world didn't need aliens, and calling himself Cyborg Superman THEN maybe would have been warrented.

Hopefully it'll pay off in some other way. Otherwise, it's just bad writing in an otherwise really fun series that has done a nice job with Superman family villains so far.

Edited by fmaz

1) Since he was spawned by Luthor Family involvement, probably from historic situations between Lex and Supes which has been mentioned briefly on the show.

2) Mon-El has demonstrated his super powers a few times. But I am wondering since he is still fairly new to Earth is he at full potential or not? Does someone with their body makeup gain their powers fairly quickly, or does it take years of taking in rays from our sun?

My understanding would be it does take years for a kryptonian to absorb. Unfortunately then it makes the overly long and silly fight between the Kryptonians in Man of Steel unexplainable.

Mr. Mxyzptlk Is Coming to SUPERGIRL

:o

mxyzptlk-supergirl-214813.jpg

Hang onto your (tiny, purple) hats: Famed Superman villain Mr. Mxyzptlk is coming to Supergirl on The CW in 2017.

The character will appear in two episodes. No official character bio has been released, and no actor has been cast, but The CW confirmed Mxyzptlk's appearance for ComicBook.com.

Mr. Mxyzptlk is a powerful "fifth-dimensional imp" whose battles with the Man of Steel are defined by a sense of fun and mischief more than malice -- but that doesn't mean there won't be destruction when he comes to town. Mxyzptlk's idea of a good time is to make a building come to life and start walking around town, crushing everything in its wake while it throws a temper tantrum.

:ohnoez: