• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HIGHLANDER from Lionsgate (TBD)
3 3

67 posts in this topic

Here we are...born to be kings we're the princes of the universe!

Get 'em Queen!

I'd definitely make time for a new Highlander movie. I watched the Highlander TV show religiously for quite a while, pretty much up till Adrian Paul's character lost his mind after he accidentally waxed the blonde kid. Then it got too weird, at least for my young mind.

the kid made the mistake of being too old to believable as the same age he was when he became immortal. #1 most unforgivable sin of Highlanders. It also cost Christopher Lambert his head.

Did anyone watch the spinoff? Was it called the Raven? I never knew why they gave her a show and thought people would watch.

While the second and third movies were , I still have a soft spot for Highlander: Endgame.

It was a solid coda to the movies and the TV series, teaming up Christopher Lambert's character and Adrian Brody's character for the final battle of good vs. evil with a fairly ingenious plot.

And the bad guy - whom I've only ever seen elsewhere in Passenger 57, was decent as well.

Recommended - don't let the fact that it's Highlander IV dissuade you.

All you really need to see is the Highlander I, then the TV Series, and then Highlander IV: Endgame with Adrian Paul. (See the Directors / Producers cut of IV for an even better movie)

All you really need to see is the Highlander I, then the TV Series, and then Highlander IV: Endgame with Adrian Paul. (See the Directors / Producers cut of IV for an even better movie)
#1 is enough for me. The great thing about the show was that they kept my interest in the property after the movies went stale. Too bad, they couldn't build something better from it. Never watched Raven, but I was aware of it.

Here we are...born to be kings we're the princes of the universe!

Get 'em Queen!

I'd definitely make time for a new Highlander movie. I watched the Highlander TV show religiously for quite a while, pretty much up till Adrian Paul's character lost his mind after he accidentally waxed the blonde kid. Then it got too weird, at least for my young mind.

the kid made the mistake of being too old to believable as the same age he was when he became immortal. #1 most unforgivable sin of Highlanders. It also cost Christopher Lambert his head.

Did anyone watch the spinoff? Was it called the Raven? I never knew why they gave her a show and thought people would watch.

I didn't either that last season of Highlander made me not watch for a very long time.

I need to look up that show.

And let's not forget.

Highlander reboot: Dave Bautista to take on Clancy Brown's role

highlander-banner-2-12.jpg

t looks as if the production has had more luck securing someone to play The Kurgan, the barbarian originally brought to the screen by Clancy Brown in the 1986 original.

That person, as you've probably picked up from the headline, is Dave Bautista, who currently is in the midst of filming the James Bond movie SPECTRE. Bautista's movie career continues to build, following his role in last summer's Guardians Of The Galaxy. It'll be interesting to see - if confirmed - how he fares in a not-hugely-demanded remake such as this one.

I could see him making that work. I am not sure he could pull it off like Clancy did his scenes with the nuns and Sean Connery were awesome.

#1 is enough for me. The great thing about the show was that they kept my interest in the property after the movies went stale. Too bad, they couldn't build something better from it. Never watched Raven, but I was aware of it.

I still have a life size poster of Highlander out in my yard barn. I had it displayed in my classroom as a teacher in the 90s. My kids loved it.

I had a black and white and then I had an Italian life size movie poster.

While the second and third movies were , I still have a soft spot for Highlander: Endgame.

It was a solid coda to the movies and the TV series, teaming up Christopher Lambert's character and Adrian Brody's character for the final battle of good vs. evil with a fairly ingenious plot.

:roflmao:

This is epicness. Loved the first movie and the series. It got a little long winded after awhile, but the 4th movie really tied it all in.

:applause:

I loved the show. 1990`s greatness! (thumbs u

Then you'll love this - Adrian Paul is doing a road show about the series called 'Sword Experience'.

The Sword Experience: There Can Be Only One

December 3 & 4 (SAT & SUN :check in @ 7:00am, event starts @ 7:30am)

Lakeland Center

701 W. Lime St

Lakeland, Florida 33815

USA

The $195 Con Sword Experience Includes:

* 2.5 hour Sword experience - priceless

* Unique photo certification signed by Adrian Paul - priceless

* 8x10 signed Highlander photo of your choice - $35 value

* Personal posed photo with Adrian - $30 value

* Adrian Paul Photo Journal - $10 value

The $225 Silver Sword Experience Includes:

* Everything included in the Con Sword Experience AND

* Your own personal bokken to take home dedicated by Adrian Paul - $35 value

:o

:applause:

I loved the show. 1990`s greatness! (thumbs u

Then you'll love this - Adrian Paul is doing a road show about the series called 'Sword Experience'.

The Sword Experience: There Can Be Only One

December 3 & 4 (SAT & SUN :check in @ 7:00am, event starts @ 7:30am)

Lakeland Center

701 W. Lime St

Lakeland, Florida 33815

USA

The $195 Con Sword Experience Includes:

* 2.5 hour Sword experience - priceless

* Unique photo certification signed by Adrian Paul - priceless

* 8x10 signed Highlander photo of your choice - $35 value

* Personal posed photo with Adrian - $30 value

* Adrian Paul Photo Journal - $10 value

The $225 Silver Sword Experience Includes:

* Everything included in the Con Sword Experience AND

* Your own personal bokken to take home dedicated by Adrian Paul - $35 value

:o

Wow! Cool!

Actually $195 to $225 seems a fair price.

If he ever takes The Sword Experience to the Boston area I will look into signing up!

:headbang:

John Wick: Chapter 2 Director Discusses His Upcoming Highlander Reboot

Now that John Wick: Chapter 2 is out in theaters, director Chad Stahelski can begin focusing all of his attention on helming the Highlander reboot for Lionsgate — which the studio has been trying to get off the ground since 2008. And it appears as though they've found the right person to take on this challenge.

Ever since Stahelski saw the 1986 cult classic, starring Christopher Lambert and Sean Connery, for the first time in high school, he embraced its colorful mythology and themes of immortality, love, and identity. So with his reboot, which he hopes will be the first of a trilogy, Stahelski wants to make the property fresh again without stepping on the original.

"Right now, I’m very interested in doing the Highlander property," Stahelski told EW. "It’s scarily similar to John Wick. There’s a great mythology, it’s got an action-design challenge. What would a guy really be like after 500 years of practicing sword-work? I’m still a stunt guy at heart. You want to reinvent gunfights, how do you do it? You want to reinvent swordfighting, how do you do it? And that’s where we are at now. I love the first Highlander and I think I’m in a pretty good spot."

"When I came on, the property had already been developed for a couple of years and, as things happen in Hollywood, yeah, there was aliens, meteors, spaceships, uh, DNA mutations, terrorists," he shared. "I mean, they’d tried to drag every plot into the Immortal world. My personal opinion, I don’t want to see any of that. I’m not interested. I have seen other movies like that. I haven’t seen the Immortal world."

19 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

John Wick: Chapter 2 Director Discusses His Upcoming Highlander Reboot

Now that John Wick: Chapter 2 is out in theaters, director Chad Stahelski can begin focusing all of his attention on helming the Highlander reboot for Lionsgate — which the studio has been trying to get off the ground since 2008. And it appears as though they've found the right person to take on this challenge.

Ever since Stahelski saw the 1986 cult classic, starring Christopher Lambert and Sean Connery, for the first time in high school, he embraced its colorful mythology and themes of immortality, love, and identity. So with his reboot, which he hopes will be the first of a trilogy, Stahelski wants to make the property fresh again without stepping on the original.

"Right now, I’m very interested in doing the Highlander property," Stahelski told EW. "It’s scarily similar to John Wick. There’s a great mythology, it’s got an action-design challenge. What would a guy really be like after 500 years of practicing sword-work? I’m still a stunt guy at heart. You want to reinvent gunfights, how do you do it? You want to reinvent swordfighting, how do you do it? And that’s where we are at now. I love the first Highlander and I think I’m in a pretty good spot."

"When I came on, the property had already been developed for a couple of years and, as things happen in Hollywood, yeah, there was aliens, meteors, spaceships, uh, DNA mutations, terrorists," he shared. "I mean, they’d tried to drag every plot into the Immortal world. My personal opinion, I don’t want to see any of that. I’m not interested. I have seen other movies like that. I haven’t seen the Immortal world."

I like the sound of that and think it bodes well for the reboot. (thumbsu

Highlander reboot -script is finished; Pre-production to begin this fall

Yes, anyone who’s a fan of the original HIGHLANDER film(s) and is anxious to see what a modern reboot has to offer will be happy to know that screenwriter Ryan Condal has turned in his -script to studio Lionsgate (via Deadline). Word is they’re “extremely pleased” with the -script and have their eye on starting pre-production this October.

News broke in 2016 that the reboot – which has been on the docket for years – took a big step forward by tapping JOHN WICK director Chad Stahelski to helm the project. Stahelski also intends to do a trilogy of films starting with this movie, and Head of Lionsgate’s Motion Picture Group, Patrick Wachsberger, told Deadline that this -script has “…set up the story so it has sequel potential.”

For those unfamiliar with the original film, the story of HIGHLANDER follows Connor MacLeod (Christopher Lambert), one of several immortal warriors who can only be killed via decapitation. The movie wasn’t a hit upon initial release, but found a cult following and spawn several film sequels, comic books, TV series and more. Though it sounds like pre-production on the reboot could start sooner rather than later, Stahelski will be working on JOHN WICK: CHAPTER 3 before starting on HIGHLANDER, hence the October start.

The HIGHLANDER reboot is set for a 2019 release.

Well this took a long time to come about.

EXCLUSIVE: In the world of the Highlander films, there can be only one and Henry Cavill has his eyes on the title. Sources tell Deadline the Man of Steel star is in talks for one of the lead roles in Lionsgate’s reboot of Highlander with John Wick director Chad Stahelski helming.

Neal H. Moritz, Josh Davis and David Leitch are producing the project. Amanda Lewis, Patrick Wachsberger and Gregory Widen will exec produce. Peter Davis, the original producer of the first film, was also on board to produce before his unfortunate passing this past February.

The original 1986 Highlander pic starred Christopher Lambert, Sean Connery and Clancy Brown as immortal beings, hunting down one another and collecting more power. The film — with its “There can be only one” catchphrase — spawned four sequels and three television series including the very popular USA series starring Adrian Paul.

Its unknown the plot of this latest take or if Cavill will be playing a brand new character to the universe or a character from previous projects. The reboot has been gestating for the awhile with everyone from Ryan Reynolds to Justin Lin involved at some point but sources say these latest pieces coming together put this film into position to get into production.

For Cavill, it gives him yet another franchise with a large fanbase after starring roles in major tentpoles like Man of Steel and Mission: Impossible-Fallout. He is currently filming the second season of Netflix’s The Witcher following its record breaking first season. He is also set to return as Sherlock Holmes in the sequel to Netflix’s Enola Holmes with Millie Bobby Brown returning in the title role.