• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is Mile High a reference to their prices?
4 4

648 posts in this topic

Just for your info...FF2 in VG is bargain priced at $1,407.00 and Tales to astonish #27 in Good is $1,560.00.. both Chuck graded not CGC...any idea at how he got those prices? his cost was about 5 cent to 10 cents each according to him and came from "long boxes" purchases.

Edited by Mmehdy

Just for your info...FF2 in VG is bargain priced at $1,407.00 and Tales to astonish #27 in Good is $1,560.00.. both Chuck graded not CGC...any idea at how he got those prices? his cost was about 5 cent to 10 cents each according to him and came from "long boxes" purchases.

Apparently he has the "buy low; sell high" principle down to a science.

Chuck sent his newest newsletter today; offering another sale, which this time includes comics. He writes.....

I will close this very short newsletter by mentioning that this new 30% off sale is based on the website prices that we already lowered for you by 50%-70% back in early October. Quite frankly, had we not have had such amazing success in purchasing wonderful collections of back issue over the past few months, I could never before have envisioned offering you a codeword sale on top of those already rock-bottom prices.

I am curious as to the definition of "rock-bottom prices".

lollollol

I will say that his selection of silver-age DC seems to have improved recently. Maybe due to the new purchases he keeps speaking of.

Chuck sent his newest newsletter today; offering another sale, which this time includes comics. He writes.....

I will close this very short newsletter by mentioning that this new 30% off sale is based on the website prices that we already lowered for you by 50%-70% back in early October. Quite frankly, had we not have had such amazing success in purchasing wonderful collections of back issue over the past few months, I could never before have envisioned offering you a codeword sale on top of those already rock-bottom prices.

I am curious as to the definition of "rock-bottom prices".

lollollol

I will say that his selection of silver-age DC seems to have improved recently. Maybe due to the new purchases he keeps speaking of.

there are 2 books i'd buy but i'm $47 short of free shipping

He is running 30% off for almost everything until Wednesday. I do agree that his prices are high on some things. But, on some, it is a good deal and the code makes it every better. NANETTE3 code for 30% off.

I ordered probably 20-30 books from there over past few days. I compared those prices to eBay sales and it was a better deal on all.

Edited by kevhtx

Has 10 million comics at store and 2 million in storage and is going on a million comic buying spree....at some point he is gonna gonna have to have a 30% off of the 30% off of the 40% off the entire website

Deduct yet another 50% off and it's a deal.

Has 10 million comics at store and 2 million in storage and is going on a million comic buying spree....at some point he is gonna gonna have to have a 30% off of the 30% off of the 40% off the entire website

Deduct yet another 50% off and it's a deal.

..... then you have to rent a warehouse and a fleet of tractor trailers..... unless, of course, he'll let you cherry pick. I wonder how long it would take to thumb through 40,000 long boxes hm GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Kevin smith visited chuck's place...the video is super funny...you can link it on chucks newest newsletter...Kevin is a big fan of chucks...he claims his coimc books are worth $100,000,000 dollars for his 10 million comic books he has in stock and he also claims to have sold over 200 million dollars worth of books over the years, as well as he could sell his building for 4 million dollars , or 40K per month rent and he can drink Mint Tulips...I am not kidding you have to see this video...the funniest part is when he tells Kevin he likes to " run his fingers on his graphic novel stock"...again I am not kidding, he gets Kevin to try it too......I really dont know what means...

Edited by Mmehdy

Kevin smith visited chuck's place...the video is super funny...you can link it on chucks newest newsletter...Kevin is a big fan of chucks...he claims his coimc books are worth $100,000,000 dollars for his 10 million comic books he has in stock and he also claims to have sold over 200 million dollars worth of books over the years, as well as he could sell his building for 4 million dollars , or 40K per month rent and he can drink Mint Tulips...I am not kidding you have to see this video...the funniest part is when he tells Kevin he likes to " run his fingers on his graphic novel stock"...again I am not kidding, he gets Kevin to try it too......I really dont know what means...

airplane-cant-be-serious.gif

I love Mint Tulips, especially at the Kentucky Derby. They can be found on the infield. You have to get down real close to find them though.

there's less horse manure at the Kentucky Derby than there is in this thread

Edited by paperheart

I love Mint Tulips, especially at the Kentucky Derby. They can be found on the infield. You have to get down real close to find them though.

in his next to newest newsletter chuck is saying that the kevin smith video broke 360,000 views...if you get a chance check out the comments below...that are saying Mile High comics are the greatest thing on earth ...no mention of prices..you gotta read it...they love chuck...