• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Black Monday Murders

25 posts in this topic

I've recently added this to my pull list. I've only read the first issue and so far, so good. I got issues 1 and 3 from the LCS but they didn't have a copy of issue 2. :(

lol, I think I've been reading too much noir recently - Fatale, Fade Out, Criminal, Velvet and now Black Monday Murders. Too much Brubaker, too. :D

This whole illuminati type stuff, bloodlines of globally powerful families, is very interesting. I know this is a fiction book, but it makes me wonder how much of the type of stuff in this book goes on out in the real world.

Edited by Warcrawl

Out of curiosity, anyone else here read two copies at a time? Whenever I read Black Monday Murders, I always seem to have one copy for reading and another copy open as reference material. lol

After reading this I feel like I should be.

Question, is there a schedule somewhere as to when the next issues will be released?

Issues #1-4 were released monthly starting August and the TPB is scheduled for release next Wednesday but I can't find any info on issue #5. And yes, I'm suffering withdrawal symptoms. lol

Question, is there a schedule somewhere as to when the next issues will be released?

Issues #1-4 were released monthly starting August and the TPB is scheduled for release next Wednesday but I can't find any info on issue #5. And yes, I'm suffering withdrawal symptoms. lol

Same I feel like the fist four came out quickly. It's been a while now since the last issue came out. The story is confusing enough, I don't want to wait that long to read the next one!

Same I feel like the fist four came out quickly. It's been a while now since the last issue came out. The story is confusing enough, I don't want to wait that long to read the next one!

Perhaps they're giving readers ample time to re-read and cross reference so they can actually follow what's going on. lol

Incidentally, as I tend to play around with FIRECalc and cFIREsim, BMM provides a very entertaining backdrop/conspiracy theory for all those dips. :shy:

I first became aware of Hickman with his F4 run. I enjoyed it well enough but not as much as Waid's run. The next time I read something from him it was Secret Wars. I would describe that as a convoluted mess that didn't really pay off in the end. He's an ambitious story teller for sure. I picked up the first issue of BMM but that was it.

9 hours ago, cupny said:

Any update on this story?  Its been dormant for so long that I'll need another day or so to re-read what I forgot from 1-4. 

Seems like it's following the Saga schedule.

story arc - hiatus and trade release - new story arc

#5: 04/26/17

#6: 05/17/17

#7: 06/14/17

#8: 07/19/17