• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The official J Scott Campbell Appreciation/Discussion Thread
12 12

4,765 posts in this topic

I love that book and was looking for one. I saw that and cringed. WHO WOULD DO THAT!

Also, I was at LA Comikaze and the lady in front of me somehow smudged her Stan signature and was extremely mad/crying after the signing. Beware.

The Venom #3 variant is pretty horrible, IMO.

He's done a few good ones lately though, Iron Man 2 and Renew your Vows 2.

So does anyone have a pic of this? I'd like to see how horrible it is.

https://frankiescomics.com/products/venom-3-1-100-j-scott-campbell-variant

That's the regular cover, a placeholder.. not the Campbell.

ANYONE who thought that was a JSC cover needs to have their eyes checked !!

Not even close to his style.

exactly . you can spot JSC art easily. That cover is not his art work. Is this the cover that someone called horrible ? I had the chance to preorder for $200 , but passed since it was on the higher side. Hard for me to make a purchase for that much on a modern without seeing the art.

Thanks for the MCS link. I reached out to CGC to get some clarity as I have a set of these books in the grading pipeline. Here's the response from their grading department,

"Yes, any copy of SUPERMAN/GEN13 that has a cover by J. Scott Campbell and is *not* labeled as a Variant Cover is incorrect, and we will fix any that are returned to us.

The confusion initially arose because the UPC codes for the both the regular covers and variant covers are the same. It's only on the letter's page that the J. Scott Campbell covers are specifically listed as variant covers."

Interesting about the label notes for #2 as I thought all the campbell covers were variants.

Can anyone help for my knowledge (and everyone elses :) )going forward if #2 campbell was not a 1:4 variant that #1 & 3 were?

Thanks in advance

MCS states as such under the notes at the end of the regular cover of #2 & #3, but not #1.

https://www.mycomicshop.com/search?TID=261051

Has anyone got their RYV varaints from the Campbell store?

I still haven't gotten mine.

I got my shipping notification yesterday.

I just got mine today. Looks great. First time customer, I was impressed by their solid packaging. Books arrived in perfect condition.