• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Price Variant Club
32 32

3,550 posts in this topic

I've been through entire comic stores backstocks in test markets before people knew what they were (Memphis, San Jose, Wilmington)

I can tell you from experience you missed 2 test markets. Found most of mine in road trips out of state to places you apparently aren't checking.

I've been to all six.

Isn't this sweet. Someone trying to tell Dan about price variants. :doh:

I've been through entire comic stores backstocks in test markets before people knew what they were (Memphis, San Jose, Wilmington)

I can tell you from experience you missed 2 test markets. Found most of mine in road trips out of state to places you apparently aren't checking.

I've been to all six.

I tell Dan about price variants all the time, a little something like, "Dan find me some :censored: price variants." :sumo:

I've been to all six.

I tell Dan about price variants all the time, a little something like, "Dan find me some :censored: price variants." :sumo:

As it should be. :thumbsup:

Nu-Uh, (tsk)lol... I loved me some 9.6's too even though I searched for 9.8s.

(thumbs u:headbang:

I've told this story a few times, but here is how I became a price variant collector.

Around 2004, maybe 2005 I finished a BA RAW run in High Grade and I posted the books here. Not too many of us on the boards then, we were pretty much on a first name basis, most ppl had run into each other in person and were friends ... or not lol. Anyway I post my run, greggy probably makes some comment about them not being 100 pagers, bronzebruce applauds, though secretly thinks those are 9.6 copies and I poop on those. No matter, it was a certain flying circular ChiTown transplanted to Maryland :censored: who uttered a very simple phrase, 'including the Variants?' It was like a splinter entered my mind, doh!:flamed::frustrated::pullhair::tonofbricks::censored:(tsk):censored::censored: Variants? Who gave a flying :censored: about the Variants? As the days went on, I did, that's who. The OCD comic geek in me went into over drive. My perfectly respectable Amazing Adventures run, an 11 in Raw 9.4/9.6 for :censored: sakes. And the Variants? It played over and over, NO I DIDN'T HAVE THE :censored: VARIANTS ....... YET. Anyway I got the Amazing Adventures Variants and a whole lot more.

So this mini BA run is dedicated to the Flying one, ya dude, got the Variants. (thumbs u:sumo: Thanks for listing the 132 a few years back. :foryou:

th_DD13230c.jpgth_DD13330c.jpgth_DD13430c.jpgth_DD13530c.jpgth_DD13630c.jpg

th_DD14635c.jpgth_DD14735c.jpgth_DD14835c.jpg

I've told this story a few times, but here is how I became a price variant collector.

Around 2004, maybe 2005 I finished a BA RAW run in High Grade and I posted the books here. Not too many of us on the boards then, we were pretty much on a first name basis, most ppl had run into each other in person and were friends ... or not lol. Anyway I post my run, greggy probably makes some comment about them not being 100 pagers, bronzebruce applauds, though secretly thinks those are 9.6 copies and I poop on those. No matter, it was a certain flying circular ChiTown transplanted to Maryland :censored: who uttered a very simple phrase, 'including the Variants?' It was like a splinter entered my mind, doh!:flamed::frustrated::pullhair::tonofbricks::censored:(tsk):censored::censored: Variants? Who gave a flying :censored: about the Variants? As the days went on, I did, that's who. The OCD comic geek in me went into over drive. My perfectly respectable Amazing Adventures run, an 11 in Raw 9.4/9.6 for :censored: sakes. And the Variants? It played over and over, NO I DIDN'T HAVE THE :censored: VARIANTS ....... YET. Anyway I got the Amazing Adventures Variants and a whole lot more.

So this mini BA run is dedicated to the Flying one, ya dude, got the Variants. (thumbs u:sumo: Thanks for listing the 132 a few years back. :foryou:

Did Donut pull the DD 142 from Dlaes stock a few years back? I know he found one while looking through Dales stuff at one show.

Did Donut pull the DD 142 from Dlaes stock a few years back? I know he found one while looking through Dales stuff at one show.

(shrug) not sure, but one of my DD 132s came from FD. I'm thinking I need to ask him to find me a Thor 193 though hm:makepoint: