• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

War Comics
17 17

11,083 posts in this topic

That's page 12 from OFF #152 'A Small Place in Hell'. One of the best DC War tales of the bronze age, and it's a barn-burner from start to finish. Not everyone was a fan of Kirby on this title, but this is one of the most action-packed art jobs in the DC war pantheon.

Absolutely correct, on both the i.d. AND how awesome this story is. This is probably the single issue that I've read the most out of my entire war collection (with SSWS 199-200 being the story I've read the most-Unknown Soldier vs Mlle Marie!). Kirby's pacing and panel layout on OFF 152 reads like a movie.

That's page 12 from OFF #152 'A Small Place in Hell'. One of the best DC War tales of the bronze age, and it's a barn-burner from start to finish. Not everyone was a fan of Kirby on this title, but this is one of the most action-packed art jobs in the DC war pantheon.

Absolutely correct, on both the i.d. AND how awesome this story is. This is probably the single issue that I've read the most out of my entire war collection (with SSWS 199-200 being the story I've read the most-Unknown Soldier vs Mlle Marie!). Kirby's pacing and panel layout on OFF 152 reads like a movie.

OK, definitely breaking it out of the mylar and reading it again. That & the SSWS 199-200 story arc. Thanks fellers!