• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,148 posts in this topic

So basically what we have here are the crusaders and the people that will miss the entertainment value.

Does that about sum it up?

I believe there are two aspects: a ban was probably harsh for what he actually did as posting goes, but regardless it is not good to buy or sell and leave hanging the other part.

As far as "purposeful disregard towards established rules" as Revat said, I don’t think it was entirely the case. He might have been annoying with his constant suggestions but in the end I have never seen him openly offensive or so disregardful.

Wow. Who tries to post here while they have a strike? Crazy. :whistle:

Yeah, maybe he should've just made a journal :whistle:

Wow. Who tries to post here while they have a strike? Crazy. :whistle:

You should journal about it.

I was ahead of my time.

You can't see the forest because you are too short

It's about the trees man

I don't care about the forest (shrug)

The forest doesn't care about you!

I know, which is why I don't care about it :slapfight:

Got a question regarding PayPal. As a seller here, I accept it. Up until most recently I have had two boardies insist I send a PayPal invoice instead of them send me the funds the traditional way. Am I missing something here? Is there a difference?

There is definitely an increase of new people coming to the marketplace forum that are making buying and selling awkward and tense. My biggest pet peeve are sellers who send a pm for payment info two seconds after you claim an item. Their threads are still going on but they want to wrap up sales instantaneously.

Edited by TJ325

Got a question regarding PayPal. As a seller here, I accept it. Up until most recently I have had two boardies insist I send a PayPal invoice instead of them send me the funds the traditional way. Am I missing something here? Is there a difference?

As far as I know, the only difference is that the buyer, when invoiced through PayPal, gets interest free for a period of time (6 months I believe?) when using a PayPal credit line for purchases over $99. When I had a seller invoice me that way for the 1st time (I hadn't requested it, so it was new to me), I got an email afterward explaining that I had that grace period as part of the purchase when I used mine.

If there's something else affecting a seller, I'm not aware of it. I've had a couple of buyers request I send them an invoice, and I've never seen anything different on my end.

Are they new buyers or old buyers?

If they're new buyers they may be wanting to make sure they are protected by Paypal.

@ChiSoxFan - could be

Also, if they are from out of country, there has recently been a problem with out of country conversions coming into $US

aypal currency conversation glitch for Canadians - maybe other countries?

There is definitely an increase of new people coming to the marketplace forum that are making buying and selling awkward and tense.

Asking for an invoice is not awkward and tense.

My biggest pet peeve are sellers who send a pm for payment info two seconds after you claim an item. Their threads are still going on but they want to wrap up sales instantaneously.

That is a little annoying but it's usually noobie sellers. They learn to relax eventually.

If they're new buyers they may be wanting to make sure they are protected by Paypal.

@ChiSoxFan - could be

Also, if they are from out of country, there has recently been a problem with out of country conversions coming into $US

aypal currency conversation glitch for Canadians - maybe other countries?

One was in fact out of the country and said something about how he could not send me payment traditionally and needed and invoice. The other guy is a few years old here and I'm not sure how much activity he has here. Both within the last few weeks of me selling and just making a connection and wondering waz up.

There is definitely an increase of new people coming to the marketplace forum that are making buying and selling awkward and tense.

Asking for an invoice is not awkward and tense.

My biggest pet peeve are sellers who send a pm for payment info two seconds after you claim an item. Their threads are still going on but they want to wrap up sales instantaneously.

That is a little annoying but it's usually noobie sellers. They learn to relax eventually.

Requesting to send an invoice with the final price and shipping totaled after mere minutes of claiming an item is tense to me. I may want to buy more if the seller lists more items or maybe take advantage of discount offers in their thread before they closed the thread. I don't like being rushed.

That’s the reason for which I usually ask it. Recently I have made a purchase of a somewhat expensive item in Germany and I asked to be invoiced via PayPal.

Requesting to send an invoice with the final price and shipping totaled after mere minutes of claiming an item is tense to me. I may want to buy more if the seller lists more items or maybe take advantage of discount offers in their thread before they closed the thread. I don't like being rushed.

I do agree but I believe Roy was speaking specifically about the invoice request, which is not tense per se. :)

I do agree but I believe Roy was speaking specifically about the invoice request, which is not tense per se. :)

"Insisting" which was the language used does imply that the transaction was some what tense when hither to for there was no one insisting that he as the seller should invoice them instead of them preparing their own goods and services Paypal payment. That's why he posted, to gain some clarity. So my statement stands. Transactions are not as smooth as they used to be no matter how small the hiccup.

"Insisting" which was the language used does imply that the transaction was some what tense when hither to for there was no one insisting that he as the seller should invoice them instead of them preparing their own goods and services Paypal payment. That's why he posted, to gain some clarity. So my statement stands. Transactions are not as smooth as they used to be no matter how small the hiccup.

There are an immense amount of transactions conducted here without a hitch. The majority of Boardies (certainly the ones I've dealt with) are fantastic to work with, both from a buying or selling aspect. What more are you asking for? People trust each other and there are no fees involved.

If you don't like it, there are plenty of other environments where you can buy or sell :gossip: