• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,480 posts in this topic

I've heard of seasonal lows around feb-mar due to paying taxes. Or does it start now and end in apr?

This time of year is hit and miss.

Generally speaking, some people get Christmas bonuses and end up splurging on themselves but over all the plethora of end of year auctions (people trying to raise money), lack of time due to Christmas and Thanksgiving and credit card bills getting bloated I've found that this time of year is a buyer's market.

I think that as you get close to Christmas, people get busy and distracted and don't follow auctions or eBay listings as closely as at other times.

I'm not sure, though, that getting a bargain on a book like AF 15 is all that likely, even at high noon on Christmas Day. :D

I made one of my greatest ebay purchases on Xmas day about 3 years ago. As I seller I try to always make sure my auctions NEVER end on holidays.

Details! Details! :D

Won an original Steve McCurry photo of the Afghan Girl for $2500. Photos like that should not be sold on ebay they should be sold through Sothebys or maybe Heritage. The auction was actually for two of McCurry's photos I got them both for $5000. Fantastic deal. Ended on Xmas day.

ComicConnect sold their AF15 CGC 7.0 for 65 000$!!

The CGC 6.5 AF15 sold today on Heritage for just a little over 50 000$.

Well, so much for some board members who think that Heritage always generate the highest prices on books for their consignors. :P

I believe it's really more on an individual book by book basis and also having some luck in terms of timing. :wishluck:

Case in point: The 8.5 VF+ copy of AF 15 that was able to fetch only around $77K or about $20K less than condition guide price, in the last HA Auction back in August. hm

Well, so much for some board members who think that Heritage always generate the highest prices on books for their consignors. :P

I believe it's really more on an individual book by book basis and also having some luck in terms of timing. :wishluck:

Case in point: The 8.5 VF+ copy of AF 15 that was able to fetch only around $77K or around $20K less than condition guide price, in the last HA Auction back in August. hm

Was that 8.5 book graded by CGC or another grading company?

Case in point: The 8.5 VF+ copy of AF 15 that was able to fetch only around $77K or around $20K less than condition guide price, in the last HA Auction back in August. hm

Was that 8.5 book graded by CGC or another grading company?

No not CGC it was CBCS.

Did somebody see this auction:

https://new.liveauctioneers.com/catalog/94592_cgc-graded-comics-gold-jewelry-antiques

In particular, an af15 cgc 7.0 with buyer's premium went for $47,560.

I guess you have you answer in the final price no probably not seen by many. Another CGC 7.0 just sold on ComicConnect for 65 000$.

Did somebody see this auction:

https://new.liveauctioneers.com/catalog/94592_cgc-graded-comics-gold-jewelry-antiques

In particular, an af15 cgc 7.0 with buyer's premium went for $47,560.

I guess you have you answer in the final price no probably not seen by many. Another CGC 7.0 just sold on ComicConnect for 65 000$.

It sat at at BIN for 77K for a rather long time. Last bid was for 59k, then one day it went for 65k.