• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Last sale info for Hulk 181 CGC 9.8
1 1

44 posts in this topic

This was one I very curiously watched on ebay at the beginning of this year because I think it could possibly be the only or 1 of 2 that has the 9.8 old label 181 ever in existence. It was a bidding style auction and went for $11702

fyi - the old label went away in 2004, according to cgc data there were five 9.8 & one 9.9 throughout that year, I wouldn't imagine any of them would have been cracked out.

Hulk 181 census history

This was one I very curiously watched on ebay at the beginning of this year because I think it could possibly be the only or 1 of 2 that has the 9.8 old label 181 ever in existence. It was a bidding style auction and went for $11702

fyi - the old label went away in 2004, according to cgc data there were five 9.8 & one 9.9 throughout that year, I wouldn't imagine any of them would have been cracked out.

Hulk 181 census history

That is really surprising there were that many 9.8's only 2 years into the CGC legacy. I just peaked and now the census is at 96. So I would have been wrong on both fronts, meaning how many I thought were in the census in 2004 and how many would be in 2016; definitely would have taken the under on that one.

Hulk 181 census history

That is really surprising there were that many 9.8's only 2 years into the CGC legacy. I just peaked and now the census is at 96. So I would have been wrong on both fronts, meaning how many I thought were in the census in 2004 and how many would be in 2016; definitely would have taken the under on that one.

lol I thought your number was low, by that I mean really low, you were actually pretty close - I expected there would be a dozen on there by 2004.

I was forgetting that 9.8's used to sell for silly money.

Edited by bababooey

Hulk 181 census history

No, what I find surprising is that there was 1 9.9 copy just one year into CGC's legacy, and now 16 years later, there is still only the same 1 9.9 copy in the CGC census. :o

I would have expected at least another 9.9 copy to have surface somewhere along the line in the past 16 years. Wonder what this one and only 9.9 copy looks like in comparison to the other 96 9.8 copies out there? hm

Hulk 181 census history

No, what I find surprising is that there was 1 9.9 copy just one year into CGC's legacy, and now 16 years later, there is still only the same 1 9.9 copy in the CGC census. :o

I would have expected at least another 9.9 copy to have surface somewhere along the line in the past 16 years. Wonder what this one and only 9.9 copy looks like in comparison to the other 96 9.8 copies out there? hm

Think the 9.9 sold for $150K in the CL marketplace when it was listed or was it $100K?