• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Strange Tales 114 ... cool book ...

29 posts in this topic

SO I know it's not REALLY Cap but it's still pretty cool that this is the first actual look at the ol' lug in almost 10 years, right? Also, 3rd appearance of Dr. Strange. I always thought this was a neat book and I'm happy I'm getting my hands on a copy soon. Also a cool Cap (not Cap) vs Human Torch cover.

Yeah, with all the first Carol Danvers or _____________ (insert pre hero) out of costume, you'd think such a classic cover first costume since GA would take on more of the first appearance then it currently does.

Tough to find a high grade copy of this book. One of the many few awesome early ST covers, one of my favorites.

Maybe the villains are lame but besides this and 107, that's about it for classic covers. 101 and 103 are good. 115 decent but Spidey's floating head is a distraction. 116 is pretty cool. Other than that it's a word balloon party. Later on 1 or 2 Steranko covers are classic like 153 167

Tough to find a high grade copy of this book. One of the many awesome early ST covers, one of my favorites.

Looks like at some point (it's still listed on their site) WW sold a 9.6 for $10K. That seems awfully high. hm

I love this book.

I wonder why the red-colored briefs for Captain America in the story - and it certainly looks like they may have tried to correct this on the cover - kinda looks like cyan printed over magenta, unlike the rest of the blue on Caps's uniform.

Tough to find a high grade copy of this book. One of the many few awesome early ST covers, one of my favorites.

Maybe the villains are lame but besides this and 107, that's about it for classic covers. 101 and 103 are good. 115 decent but Spidey's floating head is a distraction. 116 is pretty cool. Other than that it's a word balloon party. Later on 1 or 2 Steranko covers are classic like 153 167

I think the early run of Strange Tales has some of the best covers of the era: 101-105, 107, 108, 114-116, 118, 120 are all pretty solid efforts, with a few (107 and 108 for sure) that can be considered classics.