• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Celebrate Dell'Otto!
15 15

4,993 posts in this topic

It's been such a long time before I've seen a 9.8 come up for bid, and it's a book I've been wanting to get for quite some time. I am going to slap this up and many others in my man cave office :) This cover and the Batman/Superman #7 variant are my favorites.

I am going to stay out of the discussion regarding whether or not this book (and by extension, other modern variants) may take a nose dive in value in the future. That's all just speculation. If it does, oh well...

It's been such a long time before I've seen a 9.8 come up for bid, and it's a book I've been wanting to get for quite some time. I am going to slap this up and many others in my man cave office :) This cover and the Batman/Superman #7 variant are my favorites.

I am going to stay out of the discussion regarding whether or not this book (and by extension, other modern variants) may take a nose dive in value in the future. That's all just speculation. If it does, oh well...

Wise man!

Although I have no doubt that you, like all the other lucky few who've had a chance to own the book, will be quite happy doing so both from an aesthetic and financial standpoint in the short and long term alike. :cloud9:

(UPDATED) ASM 667 Club (Population 4)

UNVERSAL

Jaydogrules 9.8 Page 1

Lethal_Collector 9.8 Page 1

cmzare 9.8 Page 140

SIGNATURE SERIES

Sano 9.8 (Stan Lee) Page 115

Happy hunting boys! :)

-J.

*Population 4*

:whee:

I couldn't take any more loss on the HQ Pink variant so I sold it, took a bath for $500 :boo: I had the worst timing on buying the book, I thought I waited long enough, but my purchase was one of the last ones >$800. So I bought a Manara instead :)

Jerome

Edited by Lethal_Collector

No offense Jerome as you seem like an enthusiastic guy who loves his books, but do you always buy at the wrong end of the curve when the prices are at their highest ?

None taken buddy. I have on two occasions, the Pink HQ and the Black Panther. I did however make $500 by selling my NYX #3 earlier this year so that wipes out the loss on the HQ book. But how could I know that another Black Panther would come up for sale a week later after I bought my mine? Sucks but it is what it is. All my other buys are at value or better, got my Saga #1 for just under a grand and that's taken off, I paid a grand for my ASM 678 which is now triple that. Paid 5K for my D'O 667 and that's worth buckets more than that. Even my Bats 608 is sitting at a few hundred profit. Granted these will change, but hopefully in the right direction :)

You win some, you lose some, I knew going in that it'd be riskier on these MA books, but overall I think I've done well, the BP is the one mistake, but I love the book so I'm okay with it. I wouldn't recommend many people do what I do, go for the safer, older books! lol I'm working my way backward now, mostly moving onto CA books now.

Jerome

Edited by Lethal_Collector

No offense Jerome as you seem like an enthusiastic guy who loves his books, but do you always buy at the wrong end of the curve when the prices are at their highest ?

None taken buddy. I have on two occasions, the Pink HQ and the Black Panther. I did however make $500 by selling my NYX #3 earlier this year so that wipes out the loss on the HQ book. But how could I know that another Black Panther would come up for sale a week later after I bought my mine? Sucks but it is what it is. All my other buys are at value or better, got my Saga #1 for just under a grand and that's taken off, I paid a grand for my ASM 678 which is now triple that. Paid 5K for my D'O 667 and that's worth buckets more than that. Even my Bats 608 is sitting at a few hundred profit. Granted these will change, but hopefully in the right direction :)

You win some, you lose some, I knew going in that it'd be riskier on these MA books, but overall I think I've done well, the BP is the one mistake, but I love the book so I'm okay with it. I wouldn't recommend many people do what I do, go for the safer, older books! lol I'm working my way backward now, mostly moving onto CA books now.

Jerome

As long as you're buying what you like, and you enjoy owning what you buy, you never really lose. (thumbs u From the looks of your reconstituted sig line, the majority of the books you have now have a solid and consistent track record of value and demand, so you'll do fine in the long run either way.

:gossip: And you may actually be a little low on your value estimates of your ASM 678, Saga 1 RRP and Bats 608. :)

-J.

Jerome

As long as you're buying what you like, and you enjoy owning what you buy, you never really lose. (thumbs u From the looks of your reconstituted sig line, the majority of the books you have now have a solid and consistent track record of value and demand, so you'll do fine in the long run either way.

:gossip: And you may actually be a little low on your value estimates of your ASM 678, Saga 1 RRP and Bats 608. :)

-J.

Actually if a part of your enjoyment/satisfaction of ownership is derived from knowing you that you bought a valuable book well below market value, then you can actually lose, from both a financial and ownership satisfaction perspective.

Jerome

-J.

Actually if a part of your enjoyment/satisfaction of ownership is derived from knowing you that you bought a valuable book well below market value, then you can actually lose, from both a financial and ownership satisfaction perspective.

I refer you back to the bolded portion of my original post. ;)

-J.

Jerome

-J.

-J.

I refer you back to the bolded portion of his response.

Jerome

-J.

-J.

I see you're missing the point (as usual). That's fine.

Thanks for playing anyway. (thumbs u

-J.

Jerome

-J.

-J.

I see you're missing the point (as usual). That's fine.

Thanks for playing anyway. (thumbs u

-J.

I have to assume you are very short. So many things go over your head. Thanks for ignoring the obvious. (thumbs u

N/A has a point, getting a deal on stuff you collect is part of the fun. Plus putting the effort into finding what you collect at a fair price makes you appreciate whatever it is when you eventually obtain it.

He ignores everything that doesn't agree with him. No worries. Thanks for the backup. (thumbs u

N/A has a point, getting a deal on stuff you collect is part of the fun. Plus putting the effort into finding what you collect at a fair price makes you appreciate whatever it is when you eventually obtain it.

He ignores everything that doesn't agree with him. No worries. Thanks for the backup. (thumbs u

No. But I do disagree with most if not all of what you say. Frankly I find the vast majority of your posts to be vapid and entirely devoid of substance. I find you needlessly snarky and sarcastic, neither funny nor engaging and this is why I have never directly engaged you.

I would appreciate it if you would afford me the same courtesy going forward.

Good day.

-J.