• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,155 posts in this topic

I'll file the minority report on this one: He could be annoying and I'm not sure I ever actually read to the end of any of his long posts, but he's an, uh, unusual character and these boards will be less interesting without him.

Not second-guessing whether his behavior merited his being banned, but I'm sorry to see him go.

I like you, Sqeggs. ;)

Wow. Who tries to post here while they have a strike? Crazy. :whistle:

Yeah, maybe he should've just made a journal :whistle:

His posts WERE a journal. You just weren’t appreciating them enough… :D

:makepoint:

He hit a $115 Buy it Now of mine for Mylars on ebay

Never paid

Never responded there or via PM here (although it was read)

At least I can say that none of my Mylars were harmed during his "sheathing" process :eek:

Ive never been CAKed :whee:

Someone told me to take a look across the street where CAK had a couple 500 word posts "justifying" his failure to follow through on his Buy it Now purchase of this 500-MYLAR-2-mil-Mylites2-standard-Bronze-Silver-bags-Case-FREE-PRIORITY

In those posts, he claimed that the Free shipping was actually for UPS Ground and then later snail mail, with an option for Priority. My individual 500 M2 comic bag listings have always shipped USPS Priority Mail. In fact, I have never even offered any other shipping method for 500 comic sized M2s as it is not cost effective for me. Of course, all of the shipping information was provided to him in the listing, prior to his commitment to purchase.

As an aside, I have never used Standard, Parcel Post or Media mail for any comic supply shipment and I only recently started listing UPS Ground on a few items.

[

I'll file the minority report on this one: He could be annoying and I'm not sure I ever actually read to the end of any of his long posts, but he's an, uh, unusual character and these boards will be less interesting without him.

Not second-guessing whether his behavior merited his being banned, but I'm sorry to see him go.

Kinda ditto for me too.

[

Kinda ditto for me too.

I concur.

I get that his business practices for some were an issue, but banning him altogether seems overly harsh.

Did he deserve a strike? Yes

Did he deserve to be banned, going from strike 2? hm

Less tolerance from the mods I guess but yet I still see those who tip toe the line with moderation get nothing stronger than a wrist slap

:golfclap:

Creating a shill account while out on (not his first) strike.....is ban-able.

The only guy I've seen come back from something like that was the guy who posted to the journals when out on a strike...because it wasn't expressly prohibited...they've since closed that loophole.

The guy was angry and had a rush of blood to his keyboard.

Give him an extra 2 months perhaps......... banning - waay to harsh.

Maybe the post at CBCS was the tipper, but plenty have posted worse on Facebook apparently (don't use it) - what's the difference.

I don't think he was ever malicious, just being, well, CAK.

Seems tough, and it would be nice to see the Mods reconsider.

2c

So basically what we have here are the crusaders and the people that will miss the entertainment value.

Does that about sum it up?

I don't think entertainment value is a good reason to keep someone around who continuously shows ignorance or purposeful disregard towards established rules, despite multiple warnings, even if he's not necessarily a bad guy at the core.

Wait what are we talking about again?

So basically what we have here are the crusaders and the people that will miss the entertainment value.

Does that about sum it up?

I don't think entertainment value is a good reason to keep someone around who continuously shows ignorance or purposeful disregard towards established rules, despite multiple warnings, even if he's not necessarily a bad guy at the core.

Wait what are we talking about again?

That's what I'm wondering. :D