• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

X-Men: Apocalypse set for May 27, 2016

1,618 posts in this topic

X-Men: Apocalypse finally broke past a 3.0X Revenue Ratio due to international box office results. But from the Domestic-International comparison, it is also clear this is the top X-Franchise movie dependent on the international market at 71% of worldwide results.

l8fO7jd.png

gIrDJnq.png

Why They Need To Stop Making X-Men Movies For A While

Director Bryan Singer has talked about making another X-Men movie, one that would be set in the 1990s and also potentially take the mutant heroes into outer space, but such a movie hasn't been officially green-lit yet. Because of that, it's probably a good idea if 20th Century Fox stopped making main X-Men movies for a while and left expanding this universe to the spinoffs already in the works.

The main X-Men movies have retread so many of the same story beats and themes over the last 16 years. Humanity hates mutants, Magneto believes mutants are superior race, he and Professor X will get into an argument, etc. There's nothing necessarily wrong with these elements, but they're starting to grow stale. It'd be foolish to believe that Fox will never make another main X-Men movie again, but the studio would be wise to step away from it for more than five years so that they can take a step back and think of some fresh ideas for these famous heroes that doesn't re-explore/re-tell adventures and ideas that we've already seen multiple times in the original and "First Class" movies.

Fortunately, the X-Men-related spinoffs can fill in the gap left over for the near future. Sure, Hugh Jackman is concluding his tenure as Wolverine next year, but Deadpool has taken his spot as the new popular solo X-Men character, delivering both action and humor not appropriate for children. The Merc with the Mouth, along with his partner Cable, can then pave the way for the X-Force, the militaristic team of hardcore mutants. There's also New Mutants, which will feature another team of teenage mutant superheroes under Professor Charles Xavier's care, so it's not like fans will be without a more traditional lineup of superheroes. Plus, if New Mutants ends up being set in the '90s, then we could still see established characters like Cyclops, Jean Grey and Storm involved, though probably not in major roles. Gambit is dealing with its own problems getting off the ground, but if those obstacles can be overcome, then the Ragin' Cajun can open up his own corner of the X-Men universe. So it's not that Fox should abandon the X-Men franchise altogether, it's just that they need to spend less time traveling down the main road and spend more time traversing those side paths.

I went back and watched X-Men: First Class - The Making Of. I think they should have begged Matthew Vaughn to come back and work on this last film. Give Bryan Singer a break from the franchise. Vaughn was just full of energy about this franchise, like it was his life's dream.

And some of the younger cast want to be included in another movie.

How Jubilee Should Be Used In The Next X-Men Movie, According To Lana Condor

5a92d4e3cb930833b03fdef449018060c48f4966.jpg

Lana Condor wants audiences to see Jubilee show off her full potential.

Because moviegoers didn't get to see Jubilee show off her trademark "fireworks" powers when X-Men: Apocalypse was in theaters, Lana Condor told Screen Rant that if the young mutant hero is included in the next main X-Men movie, those fireworks need to be on display full blast. As she put it:

"If they have another one and I'm lucky enough to be in it, I would love for just like a massive moment where we finally know what her powers are and what they look like. And she unleashes like the Phoenix! Awww, that would be awesome!"

Nightcrawler Actor on the Franchise's Future and the Battles to Come

dfd71df324d13bccdc47d2b16dc6c235ea78ffb8.jpg

Smit-McPhee has his own hopes for where things go from here — with the young class front and center. As evidence as to why that makes sense, he says look no further than the final scene of Apocalypse, which features the new lineup in the Danger Room under the watchful guidance of Mystique and Professor X.

"They kind of mended some things that didn't make sense with this timeline, but also they've completely left it to us, very obviously," he tells Heat Vision of the continuity course correction the franchise took with Days of Future Past. "We're in the Danger Room and the door opens up and we're all in our comic book accurate costumes. I think it's kind of teasing the audience to be a little excited for something to come. I only have the same judgment as the audience does. I'm hoping."

ok I finally got a DVD and watched this flick...

I was ready to wince at all the bad this movie had to offer with all the critics destroying it.

I must say though, they were

WRONG!

I though this was a decent movie and i can't understand the negative bashing of it.

I mean it wasn't the best, but it was far from a dog.

My rankings of X-men series:

1/ X2

2/ Days of Future

3/ First Class

4/ Apocalypse Now!

5/ X1

6/ Wolverine 2

7/ X3

8/ Wolverine Origins

One of the comic book movie reporting sites was having a Digital HD contest where all you had to do was 'like' their account on facebook or on their site. They would randomly pick a winner.

:banana:

Now I don't have to purchase the Blu-Ray!

hm

Wait a minute. Was this a punishment?

Sansa Stark is a decent actress though- not exactly what I pictured for Jean, but she can act.

she wasn't the problem with this movie at all

Nothing really happening is the problem, Apocalypse needs to be a triology onto himself to build the threat, face the the threat, have the fallout from the threat, etc.

Edited by CBT

I finally got around to watching this movie, after keeping myself in the dark from spoilers and reading this thread in general after it's release.

What a turd of a film. I wanted to enjoy it, but I just kept laughing at it. So ridiculous and nonsensical. I was frankly a little surprised it didn't have Kevin Smith's giant Superman spider tossed in for good measure.

There were a couple of scenes that were interesting, but overall, it was just no good.

Sheesh.

It's the first of the X franchise that I didn't see in the the theater. Was too busy when it came out. But now... think I dodged a bullet there.

Only wish I'd skipped it entirely.

Olivia Munn has become one of the more vocal actresses in Hollywood. She’s previously spoken out about issues on the set of “The Predator” as well as some surprises she noticed when she signed on to star in “X-Men: Apocalypse.” And now, she’s voicing her concerns for the way male filmmakers are treated better than female counterparts, an issue she noticed while filming the aforementioned ‘Apocalypse.’

Speaking to Variety, Munn discussed what she saw as a fundamental difference between how men and women are treated on set. She specifically recalled an incident during the filming of “X-Men: Apocalypse,” with director Bryan Singer, that showed the actress how a male filmmaker is given a second chance in ways that female filmmakers never are.

“It’s the problem that I always had in this business, way before the #MeToo movement exposed so much,” she explained. “You’re in it and you see these people who keep failing up, and they’re not that great and you think, ‘Really?’ When we shot ‘X-Men,’ I never shot a huge movie like that before. I didn’t know what was right or wrong, but I did know that it seems strange that Bryan Singer could check out and say he had a thyroid issue.”

Munn continued, “Instead of going to a doctor in Montreal, which is a very high-level, working city, he said he had to go to L.A. And he was gone for about 10 days is my recollection. And he said, ‘Continue. Keep filming.’ We’d be on set, I remember there’s a big scene that we’d have, and we’d come back from lunch and then one of Bryan’s assistants would come up and show us a cell phone with a text message on it. And he texted to the actors, ‘Hey guys. I’m busy right now. But just go ahead and start filming without me.’”

Because of her inexperience on film sets for blockbuster productions, Munn thought Singer’s antics were strange, but she didn’t know that it wasn’t a commonplace occurrence because of how everyone else treated it.

“Come to find out it is really strange and it wasn’t OK,” she said. “But this person is allowed to continue to go on. Fox still gives him ‘Bohemian Rhapsody,’ and then we all know what happened.”

No wonder why he was fired from Bohemian Rhapsody. He had a history of doing the same thing on X-Men: Apocalypse of disappearing.

And the shame is she was fanatical over her role.