• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hulk 181 and the USPS...
1 1

33 posts in this topic

Im not sure what the USPS had against this box, but they sure did a number on it. It looks like it was actually ran over or stepped on by some 500 lb man. Ok, I'm going to go drink now...

IMG_0675

IMG_0672

IMG_0673

IMG_0674

IMG_0676

IMG_0680

Edited by kevhtx

Yeah, I sent the info the them a bit ago.

I don't know how insurance would work in this case. I did pick it up from the USPS. When I picked up the box, it looked fine, but alas, I didn't look at the back. I was hurrying to get to work. The box felt sturdy and secure.

All that said, it does look like it affected the comic, but not sure if a press could knock that out. You can tell from the back cover, it rippled a bit. Hard to tell from the front cover.

I dont want to crack it open obviously, so I don't know the extent of the damage.

Judging by the fact that there are no holes, we now know that the new CGC case may shatter upon point of impact, but it will indeed stop a bullet.

That is harsh. Sorry and I hope that it is resolved in a manner that both the seller and buyer are made whole.

This came from a seller, but it make me rethink all the times I check "USPS" on CGC form. They really don't give a s***.

This branch is a good example of the ineptitude of the USPS. I was there the other day and there was no one behind the counter and a line of 10 people or so. Someone in line had to ask someone to come out and help us.

Edited by kevhtx

Side note. The seller did have thin pieces of foam between the back/box and front/box. So it wasn't packed bad. Only thing I would think is that it should have been a bigger box and more packing peanuts, but I would have thought this packing was secure.

For a book of that caliber, thats terrible packaging; nowhere close to what it should've been. I've gone through the claims process and its a person_without_enough_empathy to say the least. You can start the process online but will eventually need to see them in person and show them the packaging and the book so be sure to keep all of it. Don't even throw away any of the tape. Bum deal, I hope it works out. https://www.usps.com/help/claims.htm#domestic

A USPS medium flat rate box would've been free and provided much more room for packing material. doh!

Did the guy at least fully insure it?

It is insured. Not sure the amount yet. I contacted the seller and waiting to hear back. Reputable seller so hopefully it all gets worked out.

Edited by kevhtx

That is pretty messed up and there is no excuse for the abuse.

That said, I can't tell if there were empty spaces or if it was completely filled with packing peanuts. If there were open areas then that was an error in packing.

Its a shame the book was damaged. Hopefully it was insured for FMV and the seller gets any loss back.

Yow...that does not look good. I can't tell if Hulk 181 get damaged from the broken plastic below inside? I hope OP get money back somehow. Seems the shipper didn't do a good job what I am reading other posts.

A USPS medium flat rate box would've been free and provided much more room for packing material. doh!

Did the guy at least fully insure it?

It is insured. Not sure the amount yet. I contacted the seller and waiting to hear back. Reputable seller so hopefully it all gets worked out.

It was my book and it had foam packed all around it. Not even packing peanuts, but solid soft foam pieces.

I've been in contact with buyer and we will work it all out.

I got the comic back from CGC today. All is well. Comic is safe and was protected. I have to give a huge shout out to Dale Roberts. Extremely professional and took care of this for me. Its hard to find good sellers that you can trust. Big thumbs up.

30959935640_1750a3598a_c.jpg