• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,201 posts in this topic

I was scammed by David Olvera as where other people on facebook. Look up comic book scammers exposed group there are several posts about him. He bought a walking dead 100 apperication variant from me in feb of 2016 said he never received it, even though i sent it with tracking i suspect some sort of tempering as the tracking was very weird. He made a claim through paypal and received his money back. I had thought usps lost it no harm done, almost a year later David Olvera sells the exact same comic on ebay ( 252604860102 ). I called him out on it and he said he would give me what he sold it for but never did. He also sold an amazing spiderman 300 in a raffle group. Then sent the winner nothing and sold the book again on ebay ( 252580203290 ). If you would like any info/screen shots or photos for proof please check the group "comic book scammers exposed" there is alot of info about what he had done to hard working collectors

I was scammed by David Olvera as where other people on facebook. Look up comic book scammers exposed group there are several posts about him. He bought a walking dead 100 apperication variant from me in feb of 2016 said he never received it, even though i sent it with tracking i suspect some sort of tempering as the tracking was very weird. He made a claim through paypal and received his money back. I had thought usps lost it no harm done, almost a year later David Olvera sells the exact same comic on ebay ( 252604860102 ). I called him out on it and he said he would give me what he sold it for but never did. He also sold an amazing spiderman 300 in a raffle group. Then sent the winner nothing and sold the book again on ebay ( 252580203290 ). If you would like any info/screen shots or photos for proof please check the group "comic book scammers exposed" there is alot of info about what he had done to hard working collectors

Is he a member of this forum? The probation list is only for forum members; however, we appreciate the heads up.

Is he a member of this forum? The probation list is only for forum members; however, we appreciate the heads up.

I think this is who he is referring to hm

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=9686781#Post9686781

I don't know if Ilovelamp/darthdave is in fact Olvera but he has a good dozen claims against him on facebook of being a scammer/cheater/liar etc.

*However after a quick search it would appear that is David Olvera*

Edited by iceman399

I contacted paypal. Due to the time frame they couldn't get me anything back. I did report him and send them all the info though and they said they would look into it.

"Thehumantorch" have a look at a group called "comic book scammers exposed" on facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/772684332844668/

Here is the group that has a bunch of Olvera data. A ton has been washed/deleted (which was unfortunate).

Cliff notes he would run raffles and not ship books and just give the winners some of the money, then sell the book when he mysteriously found it.

He wouldn't ship books to winners or accidentally send them books worth a fair amount less than their wins (Should win a $1000 book and sends a book worth $750) weeks later sells the $1000 book on ebay.

He's been booted/blocked from a number of groups in the last few weeks once one person came forward it was a trickle effect of he did this to me too and me and me and me.