• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Motion Pictures Funny Weekly #1 for auction. Guesses?
1 1

126 posts in this topic

Yes, they absolutely need to put "Qualified" up by their grade. Their professional opinion of page quality would be nice too.

I would have no problem with seeing it as a 5.0 Qualified. It's a very nice looking cover. They really need to show the back cover on a book like this. Since it is raw, they should at least show the Subby splash too.

Edited by gadzukes

Yes, they absolutely need to put "Qualified" up by their grade. Their professional opinion of page quality would be nice too.

I would have no problem with seeing it as a 5.0 Qualified. It's a very nice looking cover. They really need to show the back cover on a book like this. Since it is raw, they should at least show the Subby splash too.

Maybe they will add the bc scan before the auction goes live.

Wow...the bid is at a crazy price of $8000, double what I think it should sell for....should not be graded over 0.5 (as some of you mentioned) !!! Comicconnect has graded this raw book WAY TOO HIGH !!!

Without a doubt, advantage seller, disadvantage buyer- Hail Mary style!!!

Wow...the bid is at a crazy price of $8000, double what I think it should sell for....should not be graded over 0.5 (as some of you mentioned) !!! Comicconnect has graded this raw book WAY TOO HIGH !!!

Without a doubt, advantage seller, disadvantage buyer- Hail Mary style!!!

If only books actually sold for what we think they should sell for! :D

I think given how long it has been since a copy has been for sell in a public auction coupled with some pent up demand, this copy will see a pretty high price. I would guess $15 to $20k. Look at the Marvel Mystery 1 that was just auctioned on HA, amazing price when you compare it against the prices realized for the book just a few years ago (especially since the copy on HA was not the prettiest copy).

I'm very new to GA so is this book like a "super grail" book or something? (shrug)

If you have a copy of the Overstreet guide, there is a brief discussion in the promotional comics section. Basically, it was a promotional comic that was intended to be given away at theaters. Its main claim to fame is that it contains the Everett Sub-Mariner story that later was reprinted in Marvel 1.