• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My road to success (Moving Update 2)
8 8

6,552 posts in this topic

I tend to not forget this is on a public board, and find hilarity in those that advocate

This may be a public forum but this is my journal. A meme here or there is fine but not spamming pages of it.

True, which is where asking people to stay on topic if such things bothers you, is probably the best way to go.

Then again, you've got someone who is willing to point these things out to you

It's not that I haven't noticed it's just that I was being polite and you guys knew when to stop but I'll mention it next time.

Actually, in this case Gabe, being polite would be telling everyone here that you thank them for their advice, but you are going to do what you want to do, and you really don't need any help.

I think part of your social inadequacies lies with not being able to communicate in a assertive manner. Just my assumption.

You're right I'm not assertive and I should start.

Listening to that guy should be about the last thing you should do...seriously.

lol and what vested interest do you have? Who the hell are YOU?

Easy guys :) I know people like you, you may be brash but you tell the truth.

All I'm saying is he should get his own life in order before offering you any life advice. There's also a difference between being someone who "tells the truth" and someone who's just a jerk 2c

I would say the OP's problems go far beyond needing a 'kick in the pants' to get started, or some comic flipping tips. There appear to be issues at the core which will impede him his entire life if unaddressed. And while all of the advice is well intentioned, it may lack context or nuance, which is very very important given the OP's situation. Especially any advice related to behavior/personality modification (given his emotional/mental/learning complexities). I once again vote for a ceasing of all 'flipping' activities until professional (licensed therapist) help can be sought and/or full time employment has been attained.

But I know that will fall on deaf ears because of an obviously addictive personality mixed with a lack of analytical reasoning skills, added to a healthy inability to be self-aware.

All I'm saying is he should get his own life in order before offering you any life advice. There's also a difference between being someone who "tells the truth" and someone who's just a jerk 2c

Just curious here because this post begs a few questions. How much exactly do you know about his (MetalPSI) life and how "out of order" it is (according to you?)

Also, weren't you the one who was recently telling Gabe to ask the mods to clean up the thread?

Maybe you should practice what you preach. 2c

Just curious here because this post begs a few questions. How much exactly do you know about his (MetalPSI) life and how "out of order" it is (according to you?)

Also, weren't you the one who was recently telling Gabe to ask the mods to clean up the thread?

Maybe you should practice what you preach. 2c

I'll take that under advisement, thank you.

I tend to not forget this is on a public board, and find hilarity in those that advocate

This may be a public forum but this is my journal. A meme here or there is fine but not spamming pages of it.

True, which is where asking people to stay on topic if such things bothers you, is probably the best way to go.

It's not that I haven't noticed it's just that I was being polite and you guys knew when to stop but I'll mention it next time.

Actually, in this case Gabe, being polite would be telling everyone here that you thank them for their advice, but you are going to do what you want to do, and you really don't need any help.

I think part of your social inadequacies lies with not being able to communicate in a assertive manner. Just my assumption.

I would say the OP's problems go far beyond needing a 'kick in the pants' to get started, or some comic flipping tips. There appear to be issues at the core which will impede him his entire life if unaddressed. And while all of the advice is well intentioned, it may lack context or nuance, which is very very important given the OP's situation. Especially any advice related to behavior/personality modification (given his emotional/mental/learning complexities). I once again vote for a ceasing of all 'flipping' activities until professional (licensed therapist) help can be sought and/or full time employment has been attained.

But I know that will fall on deaf ears because of an obviously addictive personality mixed with a lack of analytical reasoning skills, added to a healthy inability to be self-aware.

Good advice that Gabe has ignored time and time again.

Sometimes you have to just let someone make their choices and live the consequences of those choices.

Sometimes you have to just let someone make their choices and live the consequences of those choices.

That's my take on it too. Maybe it's "enabling"..I don't know, but I figured as long as he's going to do whatever he wants, I might as well try to point him in the right direction. Unfortunately most of that advice has fallen on deaf ears as well.

That's my take on it too. Maybe it's "enabling"..I don't know, but I figured as long as he's going to do whatever he wants, I might as well try to point him in the right direction. Unfortunately most of that advice has fallen on deaf ears as well.

Indeed but I'm happy that my emotional and impulse buying was pointed out to me.

Edited by uchiha101

Indeed but I'm happy that my emotional and impulse buying was pointed out to me.

I'm curious...You say you are seeing a professional...How is it that it that "boardies" are providing you with these "revelations"? Have these impulses not been flagged for you by your professional provider? It seems unlikely to me that these impulsed would be limited to just comic book purchases...?

I'm curious...You say you are seeing a professional...How is it that it that "boardies" are providing you with these "revelations"? Have these impulses not been flagged for you by your professional provider? It seems unlikely to me that these impulsed would be limited to just comic book purchases...?

No because I never mentioned my spending habits nor the comics that I buy.

Edited by uchiha101

No because I never mentioned my spending habits nor the comics that I buy.

.. perhaps you should.

What I was trying to get at is that, based on what you have told us, that these emotional and impulse issues impact you in everyday life...Have you not raised this in a "general sense" as I am sure if you did your counselor or whatever would likely want to try to address it and if they did, whatever coping mechanisms they have provided should 'apply' to comic buying the same way with every other day to day business of life?

8 8