• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,226 posts in this topic

I hate the code :frustrated:

But it makes Pre-code all the sweeter :devil:

That dreaded code is what originally inspired me to hunt down these sweet PCH books we all love so much. When I first read up on the formation of the CCA, I had to see what was so bad in these horror and crime books that would cause such commotion. Now I know... :eek:

Spokane

mystery%20tales%2011_zpsmifhlaad.jpg

I need to drink from that well you've been drinking from! :)

Super sweet but a bit discouraging to see that even the Spokane copy of this book suffers the same printers crease and slight fading that other copies of this issue have.

Strictly speaking, it's not fading but rather a printing variation.

Strictly speaking, it's not fading but rather a printing variation.

No argument here. I'm just not used to seeing a nice HG copy like Andy's. On lower grades I just assumed it was fading or possibly finger rubbing.

My copy for comparison. Note that printers crease in about the same location. I've seen this in every copy I've seen so far.

MysteryTales11.jpg

A new Northford just came in.

scan0005_zps9fxgrfur.jpg

Very nice!

Wasn't this cover edited right before press? I seem to remember seeing the original version with a rotting corpse holding the shovel.

Yeah, I saw that original cover too. It looked better with the rotting head cover, but I think they were toning it down with the "Code" coming out soon.

This is the original planned cover. I agree, it would have been a lot cooler; still a great image as published tho.

image.jpg

Any idea who owns that original cover? That's amazing.

A new Northford just came in.

scan0005_zps9fxgrfur.jpg

Very nice!

Wasn't this cover edited right before press? I seem to remember seeing the original version with a rotting corpse holding the shovel.

Yeah, I saw that original cover too. It looked better with the rotting head cover, but I think they were toning it down with the "Code" coming out soon.

This is the original planned cover. I agree, it would have been a lot cooler; still a great image as published tho.

image.jpg

Any idea who owns that original cover? That's amazing.

Is the answer going to be you? lol:baiting:

Btw: nice Frankies Mr. Ill! (thumbs u