• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,788 posts in this topic

That number seems low for that era. Not as much for the early issues as a new title, but it hung around 24 issues. I feel like I have seen enough of these in cheap boxes that the number would be bigger. Wasn't eclipse selling directly? They had that warehouse full of comics that flooded, no?

What do they say about the Miraclemen issues? Because I know some of those had to be printed in huge numbers if I own like 6 or 7 of them.

Miracleman had a high of 20,600. Keep in mind that capitol city distributed an estimated 20% of the books for the smaller companies that did not have newstand distribution (some more, some less). This is an estimate as the % sold for Eclipse is not shown. Percentages for First Comics & Kitchen Sink are shown & do fall into the 20% average sales. I don't believe that Eclipse had newstand distribution at the time.

Estimated numbers would put Scout #1 around 37,500 & Miracleman #1 around 103,000.

ok, i'll buy that. i might see a lot of eclipse comics around nyc because i think they were here at some point, so maybe a lot of local dealers got palettes of overstock cheap.

If you're buying them now you're doing it wrong.

Not if you can get them cheap.

Should be selling now. This book with be back to a dollar in two months or less.

once upon a time i think scout 1 regularly sold decently as a back issue, although, yeah, it looked pretty dead until recently. i always thought truman had a niche following that would have made it worth a few bucks, but i see some 99 cent sales before the recent bump.

Scout belonged to the first wave of indie color books coming out at the peak of the indie revolution. It wasnt a huge hit but it certainly wasnt an obscure book. At the time Grimjack (Truman's other book published by First) was gaining readership and Eclipse saw fit to release Scout on Baxter format with a 1.75 cover price (just to compare, the same publisher released Miracleman #1 at the same time as a regular format book with 0.75 cover price). I wouldnt estimate print run on it since its irrelevant with a book over 30 years old. The only indie books that are rarer from that era are certainly the B&W indie books which appreciated in price at the time and faded into nothing a few years later. Clearly the TV hype machine is moving this book with speculators. Lets just hope this gets done right spec wise or not.

Scout belonged to the first wave of indie color books coming out at the peak of the indie revolution. It wasnt a huge hit but it certainly wasnt an obscure book. At the time Grimjack (Truman's other book published by First) was gaining readership.

Grimjack rulz! :sumo::cloud9:

Hah....pretty sure that I have a complete run of Scout in my basement, bagged/boarded.All pretty much NM's.

Same with Grim Jack, Jon Sable.Fogured I'd eventually get around to throwing them up as full runs at $2 a book + shipping.....I'll dig the Scout's out and put them up ASAP.Now would be ideal but I've got VA Comic Con to finish prepping for , this weekend.

I used to buy long boxes of bulk for $10-$20 a box cream them for any goodies and $2 convention stock...I'd sell 5 boxes per week on eBay....usually got around $300 + shipping per batch.

No pictures or anything, just an approximate listing of titles.

eBay was great for moving books, 15 years ago.

Scout belonged to the first wave of indie color books coming out at the peak of the indie revolution. It wasnt a huge hit but it certainly wasnt an obscure book. At the time Grimjack (Truman's other book published by First) was gaining readership.

This. I like Tim Truman and I read Scout but I thought Grimjack was the far superior book.

This. I like Tim Truman and I read Scout but I thought Grimjack was the far superior book.

Now this I can get behind!

GrimJack.01.jpg

The last time I looked at the census there were no Scout books graded.Several months back I was looking but didn't really see any 9.8 candidates.It may turn out to be just another bump & fade but Scout was a book with substance. I've got a full run and I'll keep it.I'm more interested in seeing it brought to the screen.

Would probably work great on Netflix.

GrimJack.01.jpg

I love it when my "posse" shows up . . . :hi::banana:

The last time I looked at the census there were no Scout books graded.Several months back I was looking but didn't really see any 9.8 candidates.It may turn out to be just another bump & fade but Scout was a book with substance. I've got a full run and I'll keep it.I'm more interested in seeing it brought to the screen.

Would probably work great on Netflix.

Seems there are just 2 right now;

CD1D5925-ADEC-4458-9C2B-7239DB15778D.jpeg

GrimJack.01.jpg

I love it when my "posse" shows up . . . :hi::banana:

:whee:

Don't think I ever had any Grimjack or Scout, but I picked up more than 40 copies of Jon Sable # 1 out of the dollar boxes of a local convention 3 or so years ago.

Fond memories of that book from when I was a teenager.