• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

E.C. Fan Addict THREAD
27 27

6,321 posts in this topic

I'm kind of surprised no one has snagged the Moon Girl 10 from Ritter's site yet..... not an easy book to find a decent copy of..... GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Gone... ;)

:acclaim:

Thanks jimbo, I owe you one...

MGR10_zpstri2eae3.jpg

My quest for building up a readable, low grade and sometimes coverless EC collection continues.

This book is number 11 in the process. Vault of Horror # 31. No cover but nice and complete VG innards. :cloud9:

(Posted the actual cover art as well for clarity)

1953%20VOH%20031-38.49a_zpsjn6mck41.jpg

1953%20VOH%20031-38.49b_zpsdwdnugag.jpg

1953%20VOH%20031-38.49c_zpsk4xueqzz.jpg

1953%20VOH%20031-38.49d_zpsztlxs9k0.jpg

1953%20VOH%20031-38.49e_zpsrzoysfwa.jpg

1953%20VOH%20031-38.49f_zpsusnjwf3d.jpg

1953%20VOH%20031-38.49h_zps8n1asdii.jpg

Great stuff! The ECs with Ray Bradbury adaptations were always my favorites.

Thanks Jon.

There was actually a Ray Bradbury bio on the inside front cover of this issue.

In my quest for underwater covers, I figured it would be crazy to leave this beauty out of the mix. Just delivered after a month of worrying it was eaten by the mail system. :cloud9:

9rU49cXh.jpg

BEAUTIFUL colors on this copy. When you say "underwater covers", do you mean horror only, or all underwater-themed covers? I'm a huge fan of underwater horror myself.

Oh, yes.

Be warned, tho...this rabbit hole goes so much deeper.

.....So true........ and sweet God in Heaven, NEVER look inside the pages of either of these, lest you find yourself on the short path to ruin...... GOD BLES...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

101_0335.jpg

wKL3OrQ.jpg

Edited by jimjum12

My latest low grader arrived yesterday. It's a pretty sweet book.The front cover is very glossy and nice but overall I've called the book a 3.0

nu7RlMHh.jpg

XvnmLcth.jpg

mEpQ94ch.jpg

YR6bGTNh.jpg

NPWehceh.jpg

xd2DR6Jh.jpg

gjo5ucph.jpg

JcGJbz2h.jpg

P26aYrPh.jpg

5V3lANph.jpg

5YWdutch.jpg

TXxwxEgh.jpg

My latest low grader arrived yesterday. It's a pretty sweet book.The front cover is very glossy and nice but overall I've called the book a 3.0

nu7RlMHh.jpg

XvnmLcth.jpg

mEpQ94ch.jpg

YR6bGTNh.jpg

NPWehceh.jpg

xd2DR6Jh.jpg

gjo5ucph.jpg

JcGJbz2h.jpg

P26aYrPh.jpg

5V3lANph.jpg

5YWdutch.jpg

TXxwxEgh.jpg

Thanks for posting that. I picked up this (and another SSS) over the weekend. The 7 was slabbed, so I couldn't read the interior. Appreciate it.

The other was a 9 (the buzzard cover). Good stuff, although they do follow the same formula. Man, could Wally Wood draw a good looking lady or what?

nu7RlMHh.jpg

XvnmLcth.jpg

mEpQ94ch.jpg

YR6bGTNh.jpg

NPWehceh.jpg

xd2DR6Jh.jpg

gjo5ucph.jpg

JcGJbz2h.jpg

P26aYrPh.jpg

5V3lANph.jpg

5YWdutch.jpg

TXxwxEgh.jpg

Thanks for posting that. I picked up this (and another SSS) over the weekend. The 7 was slabbed, so I couldn't read the interior. Appreciate it.

The other was a 9 (the buzzard cover). Good stuff, although they do follow the same formula. Man, could Wally Wood draw a good looking lady or what?

You're most welcome :applause:

Yes, Woodie was a sublime artist of women but Jack Kamen wasn't bad either, and they gave him the lead story on this as well :luhv:

Grantley Goddard, thank you for posting all of these interior pictures. I don't qualify as an "addict" - yet - so I've always wondered. For years I've only seen the covers, so I've wondered what the artwork looked like inside. I only have once EC Archive thus far, with so-called restored coloring on glossy paper, and I wanted to know what the artwork really "looked" like on the original paper.