• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DC and Marvel movie results: 1978 to present
5 5

781 posts in this topic

so how many weeks does SS have left in theaters

Judging by this year's comic book movies.

- Deadpool - 18 weeks

- Batman v Superman - 12 weeks

- Captain America: Civil War - 19 weeks

- TMNT: Out of the Shadows - 14 weeks

- X-Men: Apocalypse - 9 weeks

- Suicide Squad - 6 weeks

At least 6-8 weeks more if this runs 12-14 weeks.

wow kinda sad that x-men only lasted 9 weeks in theaters

I never expected this movie to even come close to X-Men: Days of Future Past.

Suicide Squad - Day 59, Weekend 9 (as of: 10/3/16)

Sorted by Revenue Ratio

sMX3ZtK.png

Sorted by Adjusted Worldwide Total

iIJesFn.png

Slowly catching up on X-Men: Days of Future Past. Though I am not sure it will break that amount.

Suicide Squad - Day 64, Weekend 10 (as of: 10/8/16)

Sorted by Revenue Ratio

ij8i5zk.png

H0IvH4H.png

Only a domestic box office final number for Suicide Squad this week. No international updates have been posted yet.

Suicide Squad - Day 73, Weekend 11 (as of: 10/17/16)

Sorted by Revenue Ratio

5he3hAG.png

U0mwD85.png

Interesting. SS is still churning out $1M+ per week domestically. I would have thought its run was done by now.

David Ayer strikes gold two films in a row now - critically acclaimed Fury in 2014 and critically panned SS this year. lol

Edited by kimik

Interesting. SS is still churning out $1M+ per week domestically. I would have thought its run was done by now.

David Ayer strikes gold two films in a row now - critically acclaimed Fury in 2014 and critically panned SS this year. lol

I think it's because there hasn't been any big hitter that has come out. if you think about it from August through October are dead months like January & February have been in the pass.

:news:Update: Overall DC/Marvel tally. :news:

The 1978 to present period in DC and Marvel-based productions is comprised of 76 movies. Looking at all included movies as a whole, they had a budget of $9,067,500,000 leading to a worldwide box office revenue total of $30.519,924,346 using USD from their given year of release. If adjusted for 2016 inflation, the overall worldwide box office revenue total is $35,081,492,263.

Some movies had a very limited cinema release (Captain America from 1990 mainly appeared in UK theaters and a few other limited international markets), and three movies either were a total direct to video (DTV) release with one being a partial DTV. With the Wes Craven 'Swamp Thing' movie from 1982, it is very unclear what true budget and box office results were noted for the time. Some sites like IMDb mistakenly reference numbers from 'The Return of Swamp Thing' and cannot confirm the results.

Suicide Squad is still actively showing in theaters as of this update, and Doctor Strange (movie #77) will be in UK theaters as of October 23.

Note: Movie budget and box office results were taken from either Box Office Mojo, IMDb, Rotten Tomatoes or through researching interviews with creators that spoke to the final results (Roger Corman mentioning his total budget for 'The Fantastic Four' was one million dollars). In the case of 'The Fantastic Four' where Marvel purchased the movie for an additional few million dollars so as not to have it released to the public, this has not been included in the final analysis. %20really%3F%20Arad%22&f=false'>Los Angeles Magazine, March 2005

2QdrSOs.png

I'm not sure if Suicide Squad will achieve the additional $3.9MM to match X-Men: Days of Future Past. I am just floored how far it has come.

Suicide Squad - Day 82, Weekend 12 (as of: 10/25/16)

Sorted by Revenue Ratio

5N8TQBg.png

RZ62BHY.png

have the international numbers been updated already, if not then maybe it has a shot.

Just domestic updates so far. So you are right in that the pattern has been long lags on international updates leading to big surprises.

7oTQCOd.png

lY9wjKS.png

Right now, it is only $3.8.3MM off from matching X-Men: Days of Future Past.

Fairly soon, Doctor Strange will ease on to this list the way it is going.

Suicide Squad - Day 96, Weekend 14 (as of: 11/8/16)

Sorted by Revenue Ratio

CZfu0I7.png

dKQGPED.png

Mister Doctor is catching up on MIB II rather quickly when it comes to adjusted worldwide total.

tumblr_o5km97Wmbo1qewsw4o2_500.gif

Doctor Strange - Day 20, Weekend 4 (as of: 11/23/16)

Sorted by Revenue Ratio

QZR0K2x.png

old4qML.png