• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Current Turnaround times at CCS
5 5

203 posts in this topic

I submitted my books for pressing during SDCC via Fast Track and they are still at CCS and have not made it to CGC. They say it can take anywhere from 1.5 to 2 months upon receipt. So, my books should be moving soon... fingers crossed....

I submitted my books for pressing during SDCC via Fast Track and they are still at CCS and have not made it to CGC. They say it can take anywhere from 1.5 to 2 months upon receipt. So, my books should be moving soon... fingers crossed....
Thanks for the feedback. Now I know what kind of timeframe I'm looking at.

Submit now in 2016 and you'll get 'em back a little bit after the Super Bowl in 2017, I think via their cheapest standard grading service.

Last year I sent some moderns (via slow track) in mid November and they were subsequently sent to CGC in early January. Not sure if the same will apply this year during the late fall / early winter season. CGC sent them back by early March.

Edited by skybolt

Submit now in 2016 and you'll get 'em back a little bit after the Super Bowl in 2017, I think via their cheapest standard grading service.

Last year I sent some moderns (via slow track) in mid November and they were subsequently sent to CGC in early January. Not sure if the same will apply this year during the late fall / early winter season. CGC sent them back by early March.

My books just checked in. We'll see how it goes. I'm hoping for a month turnaround :wishluck:

2 books, Modern fast track Rec'd 9/27

3 books, Economy fast track Rec'd 9/27

Is CCS fast track pressing severely behind right now? I have an invoice from 8/12 that's still in process, so much longer than the stated 2-4 week TAT as of right now.

Yes they are behind. I called to check in on my SDCC Fast Track items and they are still in process. The estimated time was 1.5 - 2 months and they are now over that with my current invoices.

Is CCS fast track pressing severely behind right now? I have an invoice from 8/12 that's still in process, so much longer than the stated 2-4 week TAT as of right now.

Yes they are behind. I called to check in on my SDCC Fast Track items and they are still in process. The estimated time was 1.5 - 2 months and they are now over that with my current invoices.

:tonofbricks:

CCS is still working on my Fast Track books from SDCC which were received back on August 3rd. Almost 3 months now... Yay me! Oh the humanity!!!

Ugh that's terrible. I might be looking at Christmas on mine by the time they come back.

Ouch! Don't know if it's worth it.... However, I guess we'll see when it does move to CGC and the grades I get. Some of the books I submitted I felt were borderline 9.8. I just didn't want to risk it. Next time, I'll take a chance and get them graded. Taking way too long in my opinion.

Some recent info about my books if it helps or consoles anyone out there:

20 books submitted for Value Fast Track

Work Order Date: 07/24/2016

Invoice Date: 8/02/2016

Shipped Date (to CGC): 10/10/2016

Roughly 10 weeks for Value Fast Track. Normal estimate for fast track is 4-6 weeks. Business must be booming right now.

CCS is still working on my Fast Track books from SDCC which were received back on August 3rd. Almost 3 months now... Yay me! Oh the humanity!!!

Ugh that's terrible. I might be looking at Christmas on mine by the time they come back.

Ouch! Don't know if it's worth it.... However, I guess we'll see when it does move to CGC and the grades I get. Some of the books I submitted I felt were borderline 9.8. I just didn't want to risk it. Next time, I'll take a chance and get them graded. Taking way too long in my opinion.

So I will see my NYCC CCS stuff in about 5 months. Good to know. I had to press them since I dropped a stack of books and put ripples in the corner of several $50 plus raw books. Luckily they all looked pressable without color breaks.

Edited by drotto

Can anyone login to see their workorders? The link hasn't worked for me for a week or more.

My stuff seems to be working fine.

Weird, mine hasn't updated since 2014 even though I've submitted hundreds of books since then.

Same. I had an order last year in which I have already received the book back, but still says in progress.

After 3 months using Modern Fast Track Press, my books are finally at CGC. Received by CGC today (11/8). It's been an extremely long 3 months since August 3rd. I hope the press was worth it. Honestly, I don't think I'll ever use CCS again. The time it takes to press a book is stupid ridiculous!

After 3 months using Modern Fast Track Press, my books are finally at CGC. Received by CGC today (11/8). It's been an extremely long 3 months since August 3rd. I hope the press was worth it. Honestly, I don't think I'll ever use CCS again. The time it takes to press a book is stupid ridiculous!

They've probably reverted back in that time; paper memory! :ohnoez: