• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The official J Scott Campbell Appreciation/Discussion Thread
12 12

4,765 posts in this topic

I have a problem with calling something a "sketch" cover, just because portions of the art are uncolored.

THIS is a true "sketch" cover:

Lady-Death-The-Crucible-Wizard-1-2-NM-Hughes.jpg

This is one, too:

There's a difference between SKETCHED art, like these, which clearly have an "unfinished" look, and art that is clearly inked, like the Black Panther #1, but is partially uncolored.

What they should be called is "partial black & white" variants. Even "partial color" version.

Agree. However, I think it was CGC that noted it on their labels?

What do you all think of this? JSC just posted this on his Twitter account:

Hey @DCComics ! I must say, your grass is looking pretty green over there! Very green!

Green Lantern???...... Jessica Cruz :wishluck:

Ever watch Green Lantern.....on weed????

I think he's just upset about how it seems like every 3rd comic to come out has some sort of pro or anti PC lunacy surrounding it anymore. Cause there was some dumb stuff about some Mockingbird cover today that caused the writer to quit Twitter today that was from the anti-PC people in response to the lunacy from the pro-PC crowd about JSC's Riri cover. Like warring factions & comics being stuck in the middle.

Seemed like kind of a "will all of you people just shut up and let comics be fun & not about some sort of agenda?" thing to me. Like he just wants to get away from all of it & just draw some cool variant cover art.

Edited by Doktor

What do you all think of this? JSC just posted this on his Twitter account:

Hey @DCComics ! I must say, your grass is looking pretty green over there! Very green!

Hope he does just do DC covers!!

Didn't he do "little black book"? He only had 10 copies on JSC website, of sketch-color etc

you can buy that book for like $35 graded 9.8 on ebay

don't get me wrong I own a copy, and I love JSC, but to think that it make or break the industry is wishful thinking lol

I'm guessing MJ and Black Cat are like his "signature" or mark right now, it would be nice for him to move on a bit and give us some variety. some of the little black book that I think are JSC like a full black cover one is just ugly but idk I know he can draw though: you rock JSC :)