• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre- Hero Marvels!!!!
16 16

15,011 posts in this topic

Has anyone thought the price of slabbed Pre Heros has been on a downslope? Been seeing some issues on ebay that I thought were priced kinda cheap. Maybe everyone who was collecting these slowed down?

Haven't checked these on eBay lately, but maybe I should...

Has anyone thought the price of slabbed Pre Heros has been on a downslope? Been seeing some issues on ebay that I thought were priced kinda cheap. Maybe everyone who was collecting these slowed down?

The lower and mid-grades seem to be loosening a bit but I think its a supply heaviness. There has been a glut of those slabbed books hitting the market over the last year (on top of a "well represented" raw market). I'll run a census comparison report tonight to see how many books have hit the census the last 6, 12, 18 & 24 months compared to what I've noted in this thread in the past.

The high grade books seem to be generally holding within a band:

8.0 $250-$500

8.5 $500-$1000

9.0 $1,000-$1,500+

9.2 $1,500+

9.4 ???

Again, that's based on scarcity & issue (more for Groot & Fin Fang Foom, ST97, #1s, etc.).

Never thought that the demand was that great for these books anyway and as more people fill runs & complete sets, the demand will decrease until new blood moves in.

It's only 164 books with no consecutive heroes, villains or hosts - more about the artists, writers, style & timeframe (similar to PCH). A little different supply/demand relationship than trying to complete a run of Action, ASM or Tecs or any superhero title with multi-generational appeal that continually cultivates a new audience with multimedia.

Just my 2c

-bc

The lower and mid-grades seem to be loosening a bit but I think its a supply heaviness. There has been a glut of those slabbed books hitting the market over the last year (on top of a "well represented" raw market). I'll run a census comparison report tonight to see how many books have hit the census the last 6, 12, 18 & 24 months compared to what I've noted in this thread in the past.

The high grade books seem to be generally holding within a band:

8.0 $250-$500

8.5 $500-$1000

9.0 $1,000-$1,500+

9.2 $1,500+

9.4 ???

Again, that's based on scarcity & issue (more for Groot & Fin Fang Foom, ST97, #1s, etc.).

Never thought that the demand was that great for these books anyway and as more people fill runs & complete sets, the demand will decrease until new blood moves in.

It's only 164 books with no consecutive heroes, villains or hosts - more about the artists, writers, style & timeframe (similar to PCH). A little different supply/demand relationship than trying to complete a run of Action, ASM or Tecs or any superhero title with multi-generational appeal that continually cultivates a new audience with multimedia.

Just my 2c

-bc

After checking the census changes for the PHM titles for the last 12 months, the supply has not statistically deviated from the historic norms of approximately 85-100 new books added per month across all grades since 2014 (coincidence that it picked up from 60-75 books a month the before the GotG movie came out?).

In the past 12 months additions, about 80% have been in the 3.5 to 6.5 range, 10% above and 10% below those grades.

This only accounts for CGC graded books, of course, but I am noticing more and more of the other companies slabs on the market every month which would incrementally increase the supply side.

Maybe the demand is waning while the supply is steady or slightly higher? (thanks to KirbyJack) :D

-bc

ps- Cubs are looking good tonight mysterio :)

There was no trending down for this one I just recently picked up.

Worth it though, I have searched for a high grade copy of this issue for many years. With the white pages, just had to have it. :cloud9:

STR%20TALES%2083_zpscih1k6uv.jpg

Now that I'm sober, have to comment again how nice this book is :headbang:

And it has the "small price", if you're following the JIM65 thread in CG.....

-bc

Someone listed a few decent mid grade PHM's on Clink yesterday........ a few are kind of tough in decent shape, like the ST 69, 72, 76, and JIM 56.......GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u