• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE ASM #129 SOCIETY
14 14

855 posts in this topic

Would you consider it a good idea to SS a 129 by Romita? Im in the process of reslabbing my copy and Im considering having it signed first.... Thoughts?

You need to be careful. Many people are leery of signed copies and there's no guarantee it will sell at the price you want. As it is, ASM #129 isn't the best long-term Bronze investment as prices are dropping. First and foremost it is IH #181 and then GS-X #1. Prices hold on these two gems, so perhaps sell your copy and upgrade to one of these?

:gossip:

Edited by midnighttodawn

Would you consider it a good idea to SS a 129 by Romita? Im in the process of reslabbing my copy and Im considering having it signed first.... Thoughts?

You need to be careful. Many people are leery of signed copies and there's no guarantee it will sell at the price you want. As it is, ASM #129 isn't the best long-term Bronze investment as prices are dropping. First and foremost it is IH #181 and then GS-X #1. Prices hold on these two gems, so perhaps sell your copy and upgrade to one of these?

Do not SS it. A lot of people like me will not buy SS books, shrinking the buying pool. There is no shortage of SS books out there, so your book would not be any more special than it is.

The Punisher has long-lasting appeal, especially if the upcoming series can draw even more interest in the character. Keep it.

Do not SS it. A lot of people like me will not buy SS books, shrinking the buying pool. There is no shortage of SS books out there, so your book would not be any more special than it is.

The Punisher has long-lasting appeal, especially if the upcoming series can draw even more interest in the character. Keep it.

IF it's a 9.8 W...

I'd strongly disagree with you. Sure IH 181 is the King of Bronze, but ASM 129 is a strong 2nd or 3rd IMO. The book's ALWAYS been popular as long as I've been collecting, and that's going on 20+ yrs now.

Edited by cujobyte

I'd strongly disagree with you. Sure IH 181 is the King of Bronze, but ASM 129 is a strong 2nd or 3rd IMO. The book's ALWAYS been popular as long as I've been collecting, and that's going on 20+ yrs now.

And according to GPA, prices are still going up on ASM #129. (shrug)

What happens when a lot or all ASM 129's are graded already, such is the case with most GSXM #1's....I don't know does it make you feel like your just buying a grade label. Maybe I'm overthinking, I just like to speculate a grade and send it to CGC,,,,

But with popular books that are sent to CGC in mass quantities (Coneheads) if you have a low grade of such collector's issues, will it be more of a selling point to sell non-graded? when you part with them,

I'm overthinking this aren't I ? :insane:

What happens when a lot or all ASM 129's are graded already, such is the case with most GSXM #1's....I don't know does it make you feel like your just buying a grade label. Maybe I'm overthinking, I just like to speculate a grade and send it to CGC,,,,

But with popular books that are sent to CGC in mass quantities (Coneheads) if you have a low grade of such collector's issues, will it be more of a selling point to sell non-graded? when you part with them,

I'm overthinking this aren't I ? :insane:

Spider-Man 1 Platinum makes me think about this. 1280 copies graded out of 10k. Still it seems to be climbing over the years a little bit. Probably better to sell low grades as raw really.

IF it's a 9.8 W...

I don't know. I thought of getting my 9.8 copy signed but in the end decided 1 it wasn't worth the risk. 2 Even though I have a lot of SS books, I kind of like having my bigger books in the pure form.

Also I've noticed on this book while sometimes on on ASM129 sigs will go for more. Other times they go for less in the same grade if you follow the sales for a while

Spider-Man 1 Platinum makes me think about this. 1280 copies graded out of 10k. Still it seems to be climbing over the years a little bit. Probably better to sell low grades as raw really.

Yes, probably climbing, but at a relative snail's pace compared to the off-the-cliff fall it has taken when it was a hot so-called "rare" book back in the day. hm

Looks like it is still selling for only a fraction of what it went for 25 years ago when it first came out. :tonofbricks: