• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
79 79

26,979 posts in this topic

2 Magazines

Received: 9/12

Verified: 9/14

Scheduled for Grading: 10/12

Graded:10/16

Quality Control:10/19

Shipped: ??

I don't know if I even want to see what the grades are with how tight they have been lately.

Still sitting at QA/QC after 5 days even though I check the status ever 6 hours or so. Come on guys - get that package in the mail!

2 Magazines

Received: 9/12

Verified: 9/14

Scheduled for Grading: 10/12

Graded:10/16

Quality Control:10/19

Shipped: 10/25

Not happy with either grades compared to previous submissions but what else is new. At least they are on the way.

9 Economy (SS)

Received: 8/09

Verified: 8/09

Scheduled for Grading: 9/13

Graded:10/07

Quality Control:??

Safe?Shipped: ??

Russ Heath signed all of my books. I was told that my books won't be shipped until early December. Agonized time!

Quality Control: 10/25

Safe/Shipped: TBA

I was told my books won't be shipped until first week of December. Excited about my books being shipped earlier.

Edited by JollyComics

I got this email the other day:

"CGC has streamlined the process for submitters to its CCS affiliate by creating a single Fillable PDF Submission Form that works for both CGC and CCS. All submissions to CCS and CGC can now be tracked in one place through the CGC Submission Tracking feature.

Previously, submitters to CCS needed to use a separate order form and submission tracking feature on CCSpaper.com This CCS order form will no longer be available but submitters can continue to login to the CCSpaper.com website to track the status of submissions made using this order form.

The new Fillable PDF CGC / CCS Submission Form is available now if you log in at www.cgccomics.com"

OK I got a status I have not seen before on my jobs pending, Rec-CCS required. Does this just mean that the comics are with CCS and will go to verified etc. once they are transferred over?

Yeah, that's the new transfer status - once CCS has them, the status changes to "At CCS".

7 Modern: 8/26

Received: 8/26

Verified: 9/02

Scheduled for Grading: 9/19

Graded:??

Modern caught up with my other Economy books. It will be interested to see my Modern books may be shipped out before my Economy books.

Graded: 10/26/16

Economy vs Modern. See which one will arrive at my home. Nice to have two packages in a short time!

Edited by JollyComics

OK I got a status I have not seen before on my jobs pending, Rec-CCS required. Does this just mean that the comics are with CCS and will go to verified etc. once they are transferred over?

Yeah, that's the new transfer status - once CCS has them, the status changes to "At CCS".

That is what I figured guessing it means Received (at CGC) - CCS required (meaning I am sending them to be pressed). I was charged the CGC fee, but not the CCS fee at this point. Will these go to verified next or at CCS?

Edited by drotto

Do they even give out verified or scheduled for grading dates anymore? My modern submission has been sitting in received for almost a month now.

My MST received 9/22 took 3 almost 4 weeks to switch to verified. Yes it will change.

7 Modern: 8/26

Received: 8/26

Verified: 9/02

Scheduled for Grading: 9/19

Graded:??

Safe/Shipped: ??

Modern caught up with my other Economy books. It will be interested to see my Modern books may be shipped out before my Economy books.

Graded: 10/26/16

Quality Control:10/28/16

Safe/Shipped: ??

Economy vs Modern. See which one will arrive at my home. Nice to have two packages in a short time!

Oh man! Both Economy (received on 8/9) and Modern (received on 8/26) are competing for being shipped first!

My first batch of modern pre-screening went from Verified to Scheduled for Grading. They were received on 9/13 so seems to be moving along quickly. My question is there anyway to tell if the book makes the cut for 9.8 before the books ship? I was thinking I could figure it out once the bill hits my credit card but is there an easier way with prescreens?

My first batch of modern pre-screening went from Verified to Scheduled for Grading. They were received on 9/13 so seems to be moving along quickly. My question is there anyway to tell if the book makes the cut for 9.8 before the books ship? I was thinking I could figure it out once the bill hits my credit card but is there an easier way with prescreens?

CGC should charge you $5 for the rejected books, those not making the cut will then be sent back. You will likely be charge for everything at that time (meaning both rejected and getting "graded"). Those that are getting slabbed should go onto QC. If anyone has qualifying however please chime in.

Yes. There is.

Many Modern ST Received 8/23

Graded 10/22

Shipped 10/31

A lot of the grades are not what I expected. A bunch!!! lower than expected and a good number of 9.8's that were unexpected.

Graded 10/22

Shipped 10/31

A lot of the grades are not what I expected. A bunch!!! lower than expected and a good number of 9.8's that were unexpected.

So are you happy or sad? lol

Graded 10/22

Shipped 10/31

So are you happy or sad? lol

I'm not sure. I certainly need to use the word "pre-screen" more often. :)

CGC should charge you $5 for the rejected books, those not making the cut will then be sent back. You will likely be charge for everything at that time (meaning both rejected and getting "graded"). Those that are getting slabbed should go onto QC. If anyone has qualifying however please chime in.

My understanding is the raw books get the same shipping charge as the books that are slabbed so that will be a set charge that can be subtracted for the 90 books. If I assume $5 for each books (lowest price that will be charged) and subtract the $450 (90x$5) the rest of the fee can be divided by 10 to get the number of books that passed. I pick 10 since lets assume its $15 to get each book graded minus the $5 charge already assessed in the $450. Then if there is a $500 extra charge at the end I can assume there was 50 books that had the additional $10 grading fee. I think I have to take into account the 10% dealer discount but I think the math should be good.