• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My road to success (Moving Update 2)
8 8

6,552 posts in this topic

What about putting some of this money into a savings account and saving up to get your own apartment?

I do have money in my savings account

Do you bank a certain percentage of your sales or do you take all the money from the stuff you sell and use it to buy more stuff?

I save about 10-20% depending on how much I bought and sold it for

Do you actually make 20% on most sales you make... hm

And follow up after the 10-20% goes into savings. How much goes to the Gabe collection?

Finally how often can you put 20% into savings and x into Gabe do you actually still have any extra 'profit' left over to buy anything extra?

What about putting some of this money into a savings account and saving up to get your own apartment?

Do you bank a certain percentage of your sales or do you take all the money from the stuff you sell and use it to buy more stuff?

How is this possible when you're over $1000 in the hole?

He owes the bank $200 in his savings account.

lol

I tend to not forget this is on a public board, and find hilarity in those that advocate

This may be a public forum but this is my journal. A meme here or there is fine but not spamming pages of it.

True, which is where asking people to stay on topic if such things bothers you, is probably the best way to go.

Then again, you've got someone who is willing to point these things out to you

It's not that I haven't noticed it's just that I was being polite and you guys knew when to stop but I'll mention it next time.

Actually, in this case Gabe, being polite would be telling everyone here that you thank them for their advice, but you are going to do what you want to do, and you really don't need any help.

I think part of your social inadequacies lies with not being able to communicate in a assertive manner. Just my assumption.

You're right I'm not assertive and I should start.

Listening to that guy should be about the last thing you should do...seriously.

lol and what vested interest do you have? Who the hell are YOU?

And follow up after the 10-20% goes into savings. How much goes to the Gabe collection?

Finally how often can you put 20% into savings and x into Gabe do you actually still have any extra 'profit' left over to buy anything extra?

I think he was saying he puts away 10-20℅ of his profit. So if he makes $0.40 on a sale, he puts away $0.04- $0.08.

I think he was saying he puts away 10-20℅ of his profit. So if he makes $0.40 on a sale, he puts away $0.04- $0.08.

That's the way I interpreted it also. Who knows, properly invested, that 8 cents could grow into a quarter or even a half dollar by the time he's ready to move out on his own. Uh, wait a minute...

Oh that's simple, whether I make money or lose it on comics it goes to my savings account.

I tend to not forget this is on a public board, and find hilarity in those that advocate

This may be a public forum but this is my journal. A meme here or there is fine but not spamming pages of it.

True, which is where asking people to stay on topic if such things bothers you, is probably the best way to go.

It's not that I haven't noticed it's just that I was being polite and you guys knew when to stop but I'll mention it next time.

Actually, in this case Gabe, being polite would be telling everyone here that you thank them for their advice, but you are going to do what you want to do, and you really don't need any help.

I think part of your social inadequacies lies with not being able to communicate in a assertive manner. Just my assumption.

He has a point though I'm not assertive enough.

No I don't make 20% on everything so simply put I divide things by 2 and give 10% to each, However I've been doing so terribly everything but 10% has been going to my savings account and the rest to keep buying and selling.

Nope I owe nothing to the bank except the monthly fee that I pay.

Edited by uchiha101

Easy guys :) I know people like you, you may be brash but you tell the truth.

For the last couple of sales I haven't put anything away but yes that's correct.

That's the way I interpreted it also. Who knows, properly invested, that 8 cents could grow into a quarter or even a half dollar by the time he's ready to move out on his own. Uh, wait a minute...

Har Har it does add up you know.

Absolutely it adds up. My point is that by the time you're ready to move move out on your own, that 8 cents will likely have increased in value enough to buy a couple of class A shares of Berkshire Hathaway stock. (thumbs u

Absolutely it adds up. My point is that by the time you're ready to move move out on your own, that 8 cents will likely have increased in value enough to buy a couple of class A shares of Berkshire Hathaway stock. (thumbs u

Haha I don't think it will take me that long to move out

Haha I don't think it will take me that long to move out

Good luck to you, Gabe! (thumbs u

Easy guys :) I know people like you, you may be brash but you tell the truth.

All I'm saying is he should get his own life in order before offering you any life advice. There's also a difference between being someone who "tells the truth" and someone who's just a jerk 2c

8 8