• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mark Jewelers inserts...
19 19

1,027 posts in this topic

Does anyone know if the Mark Jeweller insert for a particular issue is the same colour for that run?
If I'm understanding you correctly the colors on Daredevil (for example) could change month to month, they wouldn't always be blue, or Avengers wouldn't always be black.

Also, I'm not aware that we've seen an instance where a particular comic has more than one color insert for a particular month.

Does anyone know if the Mark Jeweller insert for a particular issue is the same colour for that run?
If I'm understanding you correctly the colors on Daredevil (for example) could change month to month, they wouldn't always be blue, or Avengers wouldn't always be black.

Also, I'm not aware that we've seen an instance where a particular comic has more than one color insert for a particular month.

Thanks, your second paragraph answered my question.

This is correct. Additionally, every title in a particular month had the same insert. This is a sure fire way to tell a fake where someone has put in a random MJI. Many look the same at first glance but there are differences.

I just wanted to say thank you for starting this thread back up again. I've noticed a decline in interest for MJIs this year. Mycomicshop has not been buying MJIs on their site for quite some time now. I tried writing them to find out why, but nobody got back to me. I suspect it is because people have been attempting to alter books like the MJIs and multiple covers???? Any thoughts would be appreciated, thanks guys.

I just wanted to say thank you for starting this thread back up again. I've noticed a decline in interest for MJIs this year. Mycomicshop has not been buying MJIs on their site for quite some time now. I tried writing them to find out why, but nobody got back to me. I suspect it is because people have been attempting to alter books like the MJIs and multiple covers???? Any thoughts would be appreciated, thanks guys.

You could add an MJI a heck of a lot easier than an extra cover, however you need to know which particular one goes with that particular book and have an extra one laying around. I would be akin to swapping out the Tattooz (but easier).

Do you know if there is a Marvel Preview #2 with an MJI??

seems like I saw one on the bay when I first looked them up....but maybe that was wishful thinking

Also I assume Giant Size SM #4 also has the MJI's??

seems like I saw one on the bay when I first looked them up....but maybe that was wishful thinking

There's no squarebound comics with MJI's, so no GS Spidey #4. I'm not familiar with the history of MJI's in magazine size comics, but Sandflea mentioned having a run of Marvel Preview #'s 16-25 with them, so I suppose it's possible #2 has one as it was published after the inserts started appearing in the comics.

There's no squarebound comics with MJI's, so no GS Spidey #4. I'm not familiar with the history of MJI's in magazine size comics, but Sandflea mentioned having a run of Marvel Preview #'s 16-25 with them, so I suppose it's possible #2 has one as it was published after the inserts started appearing in the comics.

Thanks for the update!! I really thought that I had seen a MP#2 with one and someone commenting on the boards they hadn't seen one before but that was a while back, wasn't sure....

When you say "squarebound comics" umm what does that mean..? Giant Size Spiderman # 4 was squarbound?

Thanks for the update!! I really thought that I had seen a MP#2 with one and someone commenting on the boards they hadn't seen one before but that was a while back, wasn't sure....

When you say "squarebound comics" umm what does that mean..? Giant Size Spiderman # 4 was squarbound?

Yes, the Giant-Size ASM's are squarebound. If you look inside the cover you'll see a staple that goes through each page, and the cover is glued to the flat part of the spine. On a "saddle stitch" cover staples will go through the top leaf(cover or page) through the centerfold. Hope that makes sense.

Yes, the Giant-Size ASM's are squarebound. If you look inside the cover you'll see a staple that goes through each page, and the cover is glued to the flat part of the spine. On a "saddle stitch" cover staples will go through the top leaf(cover or page) through the centerfold. Hope that makes sense.

Yes that makes sense, I can tell that GSSM #4 is made different from normal comics as I have one graded so I own one...so it made it easy to follow :) I thought that it "looked" different but I didn't know that was referred to being "squarebound"---heh I learned something

I'm a little dissapointed that there may not be a Giant Size Spiderman 4 with the Mark Jeweler's insert... :cry: and it's possible that there is a Marvel Preview that does? But if "squarebound" books mean that there aren't MJI then why does MP have one? MP is a "squarebound" but it IS a magazine.....anyway, I'm looking to get a Punisher appearance run with MJI here is my latest addition, the 134. I already have the 129 and 135, but this is a new addition :sumo:

165772.jpg.4e14b14151001f558468f6dbc9881585.jpg

I recently came across my first ever MJ insert, an ASM 252 in mid grade shape.

Basically this is nothing important or scarce, right? I.e. only might have slightly extra value to an MJI collector? Thanks.

correct --

generally --- the newer issues are less scarce so not much of a bump (if any)

older ones - key issues may see a 15-25% bump - non keys might not see much (5-10%)- but will move faster.

I'm a little dissapointed that there may not be a Giant Size Spiderman 4 with the Mark Jeweler's insert... :cry: and it's possible that there is a Marvel Preview that does? But if "squarebound" books mean that there aren't MJI then why does MP have one? MP is a "squarebound" but it IS a magazine.....anyway, I'm looking to get a Punisher appearance run with MJI here is my latest addition, the 134. I already have the 129 and 135, but this is a new addition :sumo:
Just to clarify, I've never seen a magazine size comic with the MJI in person or in a photo. Sandflea stated he had the run of MP #'s 16-25 with the MJI and no one has to my knowledge corroborated or contested that magazines with the MJI exist. MCS for instance lists hundreds of comics with MJI's on their site, but not a single Magazine size. You'd think after all these years one would have come through their doors. hm

Marvel Preview is a saddle-stitch, is it not? Also, nice find with the ASM #134.

Just to clarify, I've never seen a magazine size comic with the MJI in person or in a photo. Sandflea stated he had the run of MP #'s 16-25 with the MJI and no one has to my knowledge corroborated or contested that magazines with the MJI exist. MCS for instance lists hundreds of comics with MJI's on their site, but not a single Magazine size. You'd think after all these years one would have come through their doors. hm

Marvel Preview is a saddle-stitch, is it not? Also, nice find with the ASM #134.

To be honest I can't find the sold search on the bay, but I KNOW that I saw one of them either the Marvel Preview or the GSSM 4 with it, and I really want to say that I saw the ASM 129, 135, GSSM 4, AND the MP2 all in one listing.....with the MJI

I want to say that a board member said they'd never seen either GSSM 4 or the MP with it and in fact said another board member said there wouldn't be one for some odd reason, probably because of what you were saying about the saddle stich....

But I know this sounds like a lot of hear say, but I can definitlly state for fact is was one of them because I said I'd get that next, sigh, but it might have been both TBH

BUT anyway that's why I am looking for them :)

I'll post if I find either...

Oh well now I feel bad, I don't want to give anyone false hope....

could be that they were graded and since some of them were MJI's I thought they all were

:gossip::sorry:

Anyway I'll live and learn, would be nice if anyone out there had an idea, buuuut :makepoint: