• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB Gabriel Rodriguez Art

14 posts in this topic

Not sure about all of his books, but with Locke & Key I know he sold some covers. Pretty sure he held onto all or most of the interiors though, so it could very well be that way with a lot of his art. Have you tried contacting him directly through social media?

^He sold everything he was willing to sell on Locke & Key. I've made him good offers in the past and they've been ignored. There's someone on CAF with a bunch of L&K covers, but he wants a high multiple of what they originally cost. He also mentioned the IDW president was buying up L&K covers a year or so ago (common news now that they're trying to make it into a TV show, though the jury is still out on whether that will happen.)

Good luck.

Not sure about all of his books, but with Locke & Key I know he sold some covers. Pretty sure he held onto all or most of the interiors though, so it could very well be that way with a lot of his art. Have you tried contacting him directly through social media?

If he has a website or social media page then I am looking in the wrong place. I can't find him anywhere on the internet

Quick update for you...my covers are locked up now that I am have pared down the collection to my favorite five covers. So no more offers contemplated or prices given.

As far as I have heard or seen, there are no alternative sources of his original work other than directly from him or his wife. The only other thing I can think of is to try and shake a cover lose from the two or three other people that bought from his Chilean dealer back in the day, and the one interior page from L&K that is on CAF.

On the bright side, I thought I'd never see a Calvin & Hobbes strip, but lo and behold, they are starting to show up here and there, so even the tightest held art eventually makes it to market...it just might take a while.

Happy hunting!