• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The official J Scott Campbell Appreciation/Discussion Thread
12 12

4,765 posts in this topic

I love when people complain about the lack of background, but the wolverine, and the siege variants have no background, and they are his highest valued books.

Got me there. The lack of any background or foreground is definitely what makes those books valuable.

fwiw JSC has been on record saying that he really doesnt like drawing background or doenst go into that deail. I remember reading it in his time exposure hard cover.

The mexican variant, at least were available again. They did cancel orders of 2 or more, but allowed you to keep one. The sketch variant is sold out again, but the red one is still available in case anyone is interested.

The site has option for English language at the top left side.

You are late. The $25 Canadian for sale was yesterday and of course people bought it when it sold out.

Also, JSC said on his twitter that cover C has a print run of a "little over a 1,000". Don't think he has ever revealed print run #s on his store variants before. hm

Edited by jreezy

I love when people complain about the lack of background, but the wolverine, and the siege variants have no background, and they are his highest valued books.

Got me there. The lack of any background or foreground is definitely what makes those books valuable.

Yanni, that is not what I was saying. I'm simply saying that Campbell often goes without background.

You are late. The $25 Canadian for sale was yesterday and of course people bought it when it sold out.

Also, JSC said on his twitter that cover C has a print run of a "little over a 1,000". Don't think he has ever revealed print run #s on his store variants before. hm

:tonofbricks:

fwiw JSC has been on record saying that he really doesnt like drawing background or doenst go into that deail. I remember reading it in his time exposure hard cover.

That's a shame. He's gotten to a point where he simply doesn't have to because he will get paid either way. Not knocking him for getting to that point in his career, but it makes me think differently as it seems more about the money than art.

He was not bad at full frames at all. In fact, some of his best work was on his ASM regular covers, IMO:

YildJ8w.jpg980SRLs.jpgwp1K4BM.jpg

Edited by ygogolak