• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,810 posts in this topic

Timothy Truman's Scout Comic Book Optioned For Film

23188-3541-25858-1-scout.jpg

It looks like yet another comic book adaptation is heading for the big screen - just don’t except to see any superhero suiting up in this flick. In an exclusive report, Deadline has confirmed that Studio 8 optioned Scout for a live-action film.

Created by Timothy Truman, Scout follows a man named Emanuel Santana in a dystopian, third-world reimagining of the U.S. The former world power has been outcasted by other nations due to its excessive greed and harmful ecological practices. Weighed down by political sanctions, the U.S. falls into disarray and embraces loose, criminal morals. The story’s hero is an Apache ex-ranger who starts out by investigating the mysterious disappearance of a young women. However, it isn’t long before he uncovers a huge, violent government conspiracy that threatens to destroy the country for good.

Truman will acts as a consultant on the project while Braden Aftergood will produce. Chris MacBride will adapt and direct the live-action film, making Scout his newest pet project. Recently, the director sold his pitch for a sci-fi thriller movie sourced from the Amnesia comics. He also sold a thriller titled Echo back in 2014 and is working on a spy thriller for MRC at the moment.

:whee:

It looks like yet another comic book adaptation is heading for the big screen - just don’t except to see any superhero suiting up in this flick. In an exclusive report, Deadline has confirmed that Studio 8 optioned Scout for a live-action film.

Created by Timothy Truman, Scout follows a man named Emanuel Santana in a dystopian, third-world reimagining of the U.S. The former world power has been outcasted by other nations due to its excessive greed and harmful ecological practices. Weighed down by political sanctions, the U.S. falls into disarray and embraces loose, criminal morals. The story’s hero is an Apache ex-ranger who starts out by investigating the mysterious disappearance of a young women. However, it isn’t long before he uncovers a huge, violent government conspiracy that threatens to destroy the country for good.

Truman will acts as a consultant on the project while Braden Aftergood will produce. Chris MacBride will adapt and direct the live-action film, making Scout his newest pet project. Recently, the director sold his pitch for a sci-fi thriller movie sourced from the Amnesia comics. He also sold a thriller titled Echo back in 2014 and is working on a spy thriller for MRC at the moment.

:golfclap:

Sad how people get excited from a modern book like Scalped being optioned and ignore one of Copper's best offerings with Scout...

Hope they do it justice!

Count_Sheep.gif

zzz

lol

Are you familiar with the series?

And nobody else is either.

You were saying?

lol

Sad how people get excited from a modern book like Scalped being optioned and ignore one of Copper's best offerings with Scout...

Hope they do it justice!

Count_Sheep.gif

zzz

lol

You were saying?

lol

Hope they do it justice!

OK, I'm sorry. At least 2 of the 20 people in the world ( not including Tim Truman ) who would care about this are on these boards.

I'd rather see an American Flagg! movie :sumo:

Count_Sheep.gif

zzz

lol

You were saying?

lol

Hope they do it justice!

OK, I'm sorry. At least 2 of the 20 people in the world ( not including Tim Truman ) who would care about this are on these boards.

lol

If a property like Scout is getting attention, then there is hope for other properties such as American Flagg, Grimjack, Nexus and many others. I'd rejoice at that.

Count_Sheep.gif

zzz

lol

You were saying?

lol

Hope they do it justice!

lol

If a property like Scout is getting attention, then there is hope for other properties such as American Flagg, Grimjack, Nexus and many others. I'd rejoice at that.

FYI, I did not intend to disparage Tim Truman in any way, always been a fan of his work.

Time Beavers :blush:

lol comparing Time Beavers to Scout is like comparing Mike Goldens Bucky O'hare to Nam. Just saying.

Scout is a brilliant book I don't know that the 2/20 ratio meant but I assure you there are a lot more fans of the series out there. Good to hear that some folks in TV land are thinking a lil outside the box these days!

lol comparing Time Beavers to Scout is like comparing Mike Goldens Bucky O'hare to Nam. Just saying.

Scout is a brilliant book I don't know that the 2/20 ratio meant but I assure you there are a lot more fans of the series out there. Good to hear that some folks in TV land are thinking a lil outside the box these days!

So, what I like sucks and what you like is awesome. Got it.

I'm on the "no one cares" side.

I've heard of Tim Truman because he worked on Star Wars at Dark Horse. Never read the stuff, but lots of people did. You'd figure at least some of those readers would've seen Truman's name on Scout and tried it. If they did, no one said a word, because I've barely even heard of it.

The same people hoarding Dreadstar will also pick up Scout, and it'll all end up back in dollar bins in a short while.

I've heard of Tim Truman because he worked on Star Wars at Dark Horse. Never read the stuff, but lots of people did. You'd figure at least some of those readers would've seen Truman's name on Scout and tried it. If they did, no one said a word, because I've barely even heard of it.

The same people hoarding Dreadstar will also pick up Scout, and it'll all end up back in dollar bins in a short while.

Nobody said a word? It actually was a popular independent series when the market started flooding with material, and delivered 24 issues in addition to the War Shaman maxi series. A great place to kick off reading this series is with the 'Four Monsters' collection. Here's the Amazon link, with reviews.

Scout : The Four Monsters

I remember reading Scout was so impressive, Tim Truman found out later Jerry Garcia and Carlos Santana were big fans of his work.

Timothy Truman: The soundtrack of Image

While writing the biography of one of his favorite guitarists, Carlos Santana, for Rock-It Comics, Truman found out that the musician had been a longtime fan of his comic, Scout, whose main character Emanuel Santanna is the namesake of the famous guitarist.

I started doing work with them in the early 1990's through the Grateful Dead Comix, published by Kitchen Sink Publishing. I saw an article about Kitchen Sink's plans to do Grateful Dead Comix and made a phone call to an editor there. He said he'd called me back the next day to tell me where to send my portfolio to the Grateful Dead. However, the editor ended up calling me back about 10 minutes later. "No need to send your portfolio, Tim. Jerry Garcia already knows your work." I found out that Garcia was a comics fan who'd been following my work for years. That was pretty cool!

I'd recommend giving it a try. Although it was his early work, it is still a fun series.

Your experience alone does not define reality

What do you think the monthly sales were for the book?

tree fitty

tree fitty

You're probably closer than you think lol

tree fitty

You're probably closer than you think lol

This fellow is not going to like your post.

So, what I like sucks and what you like is awesome. Got it.

(:

Count_Sheep.gif

zzz

lol

Nope, was more a response to the property being optioned. Not the content of the work. This one gives me flashbacks to Crash Ryan.

There was a period of time all that Copper Age content was stepping all over each others' similar stories, weren't they?!

In this case, it is actually set in the near-future (1999). By that time the United States is a third-world country due to squandering its natural resources, and quite desolate. Any trade with other countries comes with a heavy tarif to punish the USA for not appreciating what it had.

Scout comes along as a warrior to take on these spiritual creatures using the people's challenged lives to assume control. For a 1985 book, it had a lot of themes that made it fun and future-focused. And with Scout #9, you had the introduction (or reintroduction) of Airboy to the Copper Age. Another great little series.