• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ADAM HUGHES GALLERY
13 13

1,296 posts in this topic

If anyone is selling, I'm putting a full run together for pc. LMK.

Keep an eye out on eBay as there are still decent deals to be found in runs/lots of this title. I did not really need it, but I figured that this lot was worth a gamble today:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/361770948027?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

It has 70 (all red cover) and 74 (mirror cover) in it. Those two will basically cover your cost right there. Yes the person cherry picked out a few big $$ covers, but missed a few also. I think a few more of these could pop given time. I am surprised one or two of the Zatana covers have not, and there are a few more hard black covers in the run.

I think this run is just going to get hotter with time.

Wonder Woman, too. Plus the Bolland Wonder Woman run. Some amazing covers...and some just as oddball/eyebrow-raising as the powerless era's SM covers...

The Catwoman run is better known and getting a lot of attention right now. What books from the Wonder Woman run are the ones to watch? Besides 184.

I love 184, but I also like 166, 172 and 188.

The Catwoman run is better known and getting a lot of attention right now. What books from the Wonder Woman run are the ones to watch? Besides 184.

I love 184, but I also like 166, 172 and 188.

I think that #154 has some potential as well.

That variant doesn't show up that often; nice find.

I'll be picking up some good stuff this weekend (nothing like Bob's 600 or Legion 23), but a good haul.

where?

Making a trip up north for a wedding. Many Hughes covers, but the usual stuff. Also a few eBay purchases. Will post a pic once I'm done going through it.

That variant doesn't show up that often; nice find.

I'll be picking up some good stuff this weekend (nothing like Bob's 600 or Legion 23), but a good haul.

where?

Making a trip up north for a wedding. Many Hughes covers, but the usual stuff. Also a few eBay purchases. Will post a pic once I'm done going through it.

Ended up being more quantity than quality (no 51s or 184s, but all of Zatanna), per se, but still happy with the purchases. Everything was $3 or less.

QQmt1nil.jpg66m63J4l.jpg

noxP0sLl.jpgaBCre0tl.jpg

It seems (at least in my neck of the woods) the Wonder Woman issues are much harder to track down than Catwoman.

I am finding the same issue locally as well. Catwoman issues can be found with time, but Wonder Woman issues are tough. The last two times new sellers showed up with them at one day local shows the answer was the same - they were keeping their WW run for the movie. lol

Edited by kimik

I am finding the same issue locally as well. Cateoman issues can be found with time, but Wonder Woman issues are tough. The last two times new sellers showed up with them at one day local shows the answer was the same - they were keeping their WW run for the movie. lol

Cateoman? Yikes

Is it me or is all of Adam's stuff from Catwoman, Zatanna, and Wonder Woman starting to dry up? I was at several stores this week, two of which have massive back stock and I ran across three issues. All three of the issue I would put on the low end of the desirability scale. Granted, I have not been able to hit flea markets etc., but the boxes were picked clean,.

They are indeed drying up as we don;t know which one will be the next Catwoman 51/70/74.

I do know the Zatanna books are the toughest to find out of all the DC Hughes books. Lower distribution numbers than Wonder Woman and Catwoman.

They are indeed drying up as we don;t know which one will be the next Catwoman 51/70/74.

I do know the Zatanna books are the toughest to find out of all the DC Hughes books. Lower distribution numbers than Wonder Woman and Catwoman.

By my admittedly non-scientific research, Catwoman 45, and 46 are officially going up. These seem obvious as the next two to me as 45 has the only Batman sighting, and 46 is a tough black cover. Starting to see some rise on Catwoman 58, 64, 80, 81 and maybe 48 and 72. But really everyone of these books is at or above cover which is remarkable for an eight year old run. It just really means the whole run is in demand. I do not know the WW or Zatanna books as well, except for Z16, WW184 and WW600.

I very rarely get entire runs slabbed, usually cherry pick the keys. But I am seriously considering pressing and slabbing all of the Catwoman issues, which I bought at cover.

Edited by drotto

The later Catwoman issues were not that much higher than the last Zatanna issues (#16 had a 17,000 copy print run).

There are plenty of people chasing the Hughes WW, Catwoman and Zatanna books now, unfortunately. I was hoping that they would stay quiet for just a little bit longer. lol

His Zatanna run was pretty short, only 5 issues, so that doesn't help.

14 is the only one that is kind of meh.

11, 13, 15 and 16 are all terrific with 15 probably being the most popular.

It's a perfect counter piece to Powergirl #2.

2.jpg1912568-zata_cv15_copy.jpg

Agree, 14 is not on par with the other AH! covers in this run.