• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Books you just cant find in the Wild
22 22

4,477 posts in this topic

I would love to find a NM copy of these in the wild someday .

Maximum Carnage promo comic by acclaim!

On my constant to find list.

21CFZYM.jpg

Good luck since this goes for $200+ on Ebay.

I sold one for a whopping $25 on ebay last year. But it was more like a 9.0-9.2, I forget.

It's no #38, but I found an Akira #37 at 2nd and Charles today, in pretty close to NM. Granted, it was $15 (marked down from $25), but whereas I've seen a handful #38s at shows marked way up, this is actually the first #37 I've come by. Don't know how the scarcity goes on these last handful issues of Akira, but being the first one I've seen with my own two I didn't hesitate on it.

It's no #38, but I found an Akira #37 at 2nd and Charles today, in pretty close to NM. Granted, it was $15 (marked down from $25), but whereas I've seen a handful #38s at shows marked way up, this is actually the first #37 I've come by. Don't know how the scarcity goes on these last handful issues of Akira, but being the first one I've seen with my own two I didn't hesitate on it.

I passed on a 38 a few months back at convention. I didn't think the price warranted the condition.

NYx 3

Come on really? I have walked into shops with 3 copies. Prolly not right now, but the book isn't hard to come by.

Isn't the point that everybody has different experiences? I think I've seen one copy of NYX 3 at a show once and that's it, but I've seen multiple copies of many of the books that others have listed in this thread.

I don't recall having seen any Showcase '96 3s, but that's probably just because it was never on my radar and should never have been on anybody's radar since it's not the first Birds of Prey.

I've never seen a New Titans 130 in person. I've only seen one copy (VG/F... maybe :sick: ) of Sensational She-Hulk 60. I never see Action Comics 583 (seen two ever, bought one of them) but I see Superman 423 all the time and the same is true about LoSH (v.2) 38 and 37, respectively (shrug)

I bought 2 copies of NYX 3 out of dollar boxes. First, when it had briefly reverted to being a $10 book and then again later when it was a $50 book and on the way up again.

Needless to say haven't found one since.

NYx 3

Come on really? I have walked into shops with 3 copies. Prolly not right now, but the book isn't hard to come by.

Isn't the point that everybody has different experiences? I think I've seen one copy of NYX 3 at a show once and that's it, but I've seen multiple copies of many of the books that others have listed in this thread.

I don't recall having seen any Showcase '96 3s, but that's probably just because it was never on my radar and should never have been on anybody's radar since it's not the first Birds of Prey.

I've never seen a New Titans 130 in person. I've only seen one copy (VG/F... maybe :sick: ) of Sensational She-Hulk 60. I never see Action Comics 583 (seen two ever, bought one of them) but I see Superman 423 all the time and the same is true about LoSH (v.2) 38 and 37, respectively (shrug)

I bought 2 copies of NYX 3 out of dollar boxes. First, when it had briefly reverted to being a $10 book and then again later when it was a $50 book and on the way up again.

Needless to say haven't found one since.

TT 126-130 are tough but findable I sell them easily everytime I find that set.

NYX 3 was attainable till it sky rocketed one shop at 4 copies for $50 maybe 2 years ago. And yes I passed at the time. doh!