• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is Mile High a reference to their prices?
5 5

648 posts in this topic

According to todays newsletter, chuck has ended all codeword sales from here on out...meaning you do not have to -60%, he reduced according to him all prices across the board depending on how much he had in stock, and if it is a lower grade comic book...he did this to attract new buyers..who were probably weirded out by the high prices..make that mile high prices...well check out the new lower mile high prices ...in the meantime there is a photo of chuck with at least 500 comic book boxes around 300,000 comics that he needs to sort.

The new mile high is here...what do think

Edited by Mmehdy

According to todays newsletter, chuck has ended all codeword sales from here on out...meaning you do not have to -60%, he reduced according to him all prices across the board depending on how much he had in stock, and if it is a lower grade comic book...he did this to attract new buyers..who were probably weirded out by the high prices..make that mile high prices...well check out the new lower mile high prices ...in the meantime there is a photo of chuck with at least 500 comic book boxes around 300,000 comics that he needs to sort.

I'm pretty sure he's done the same thing before: Announcing he was cutting prices and ending code words. After awhile, he brings the code words back.

I find this interesting and I have to wonder if Chuck may be reading this thread.

I decided to go back and check the prices on the books I originally looked at when I began this thread.

They were as follows....

Action #244 in Fair for $123 (minus 60%) and the total cost is $49.20

Tonight that book is now listed at $30.00

Action #244 in Good for $245 (minus 60%) for $98.00

Now - $60

Action #246 in Fair for $123 (minus 60%) for $49.20

Now - $30

Action #246 in Good for $245 (minus 60%) for $98.00

Now - $60

Action #249 in VG for $441 (minus 60%) for $176.40

Now - $120

Action #250 in Good for $240 (minus 60%) for $96.00

Now - $60

I will say this is a step in the right direction.

Edited by Hudson

I find this interesting and I have to wonder if Chuck may be reading this thread.

I decided to go back and check the prices on the books I originally looked at when I began this thread.

They were as follows....

Now - $60

Now - $30

Now - $60

Now - $120

Now - $60

Just another 50% off and he'll be halfway there.

They were as follows....

Now - $60

Now - $30

Now - $60

Now - $120

Now - $60

Well at least he is getting a clue that too much of a good thing can turn out to be a disaster. Here we have chuck going around the county buying...I think 400,000 comic books in the last 30 days..and now he is saying we need to sell them.....he is probably now at 11 million, he was at at least 10 before the move but who is gonna buy 11 or 12 million comic books..in the future ????

They were as follows....

Now - $60

Now - $30

Now - $60

Now - $120

Now - $60

Well at least he is getting a clue that too much of a good thing can turn out to be a disaster. Here we have chuck going around the county buying...I think 400,000 comic books in the last 30 days..and now he is saying we need to sell them.....he is probably now at 11 million, he was at at least 10 before the move but who is gonna buy 11 or 12 million comic books..in the future ????

For pennies on a dollar, when he passes and his family sell it off.

They were as follows....

Now - $60

Now - $30

Now - $60

Now - $120

Now - $60

The Barney The Bear comic (Spire) Chuck used as an example in his "pricing strategy" video from last year still hasn't seen a price reduction. Maybe they haven't gotten all the way up to the "B's" quite yet.

They were as follows....

Now - $60

Now - $30

Now - $60

Now - $120

Now - $60

For pennies on a dollar, when he passes and his family sell it off.

Chuck would have to be dead before his family would be able to sell his books. He ain't giving them up in this life.

In Chucks latest newsletter he claims sales have "double" since his non-condeword reduced price has taken effect. He indicates the prices were lowered NOT based on value But on his supply of that issue or stock..interesting

After watching the Comic Trips video where Chuck gives them a tour, he states that he doesn't sell comics to get rich, he's already rich. So what does anyone think is going to happen to Mile High Conics and their inventory when Chuck does pass on?

Market dumping of a large amount of books....so buyer beware if that happens, dont think its gonna effect the GA market, nor the keys of the SA market, he has too few of those to make an impact, however the MIle high 2 collection could seriously impact the 1965/66 marvels as he could have bundles of those issues, and if they dumped like truck it is not gonna look good for you 10X guide 9.8 price with 100 of them coming in...