• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
60 60

15,838 posts in this topic

Thanks, just goes to show that deals can still be had at antique stores. I was offered the lot by the owner pretty cheap, and there was still decent stuff in there I might go back and grab, but I cherry-picked all the best stuff.....

He bought this collection at an estate auction, and the stuff was sitting in his store for almost a year, which is odd that no one went through the boxes. Maybe at one point the original owner had all the copper keys, there were store tag stickers on some of them...odd there were so many copies of SSM 64, but I'll take it!

Not sure if this qualifies but I was set up at a local collectible show this weekend. I was approached by an individual with a box of comics, I was pleasantly surprised it was not all drek and picked these up. I like when you can buy just the good stuff and leave the rest.

Eerie_zpsu3fh1abf.jpg

Not sure if this qualifies but I was set up at a local collectible show this weekend. I was approached by an individual with a box of comics, I was pleasantly surprised it was not all drek and picked these up. I like when you can buy just the good stuff and leave the rest.

Eerie_zpsu3fh1abf.jpg

That most certainly qualifies!

Great pick-up!

Today I visited a lead about 40 minutes outside the city and was quickly disappointed with what he had. It was just your typical junk, nothing of any value at all, however, the seller did offer a tip that an antique store with comics...(i'm thinking great, probably over-priced Disney stuff, but at least I'll go see what antiques they have since I'm in the market for a few pieces).

After going to a few wrong antique shops this is what I found for $1.50 each...

IMG_0432_zps2djvcua1.jpg

IMG_0433_zpsziwecfov.jpg

IMG_0431_zpse5rry38y.jpg

That's got "win" written all over it.

Congrats!

Check this for info on your Batman 457 second print newstand. Unless I'm mistaken, that's only the 9th known copy to surface.

I was just going to post that. Great find! :applause:

:banana: Sweet! Thanks for bringing that to my attention! I didn't even notice the differences in the newsstand copies

You never know what the Children's Comics boxes will have.

My favourite spot to bin dive... sometimes a treasure trove of scarce Harley Quinn, early Cheryl Blossom, and elusive Whitman variants.

Edited by Brock

Had a good day yesterday.

The X-Men 120 I got in the mail. The graded books (Cyber Force #1 vol 2) I got for $10 each. most of the comics I got for $1 each. $5 each on the trades.

20161022_155520_zpscdjqdyxs.jpg

Paid $3 each for everything but the trades. $5 each on therm.

20161022_160343_zpsakl1snpe.jpg

20161022_155843_zps7lcbhb1t.jpg

This bag looks fun. I couldn't pass up.

20161022_155943_zpszlavor7q.jpg

Picked up a few Marvel Age books at 50 cents each. I had no idea #41 has some real value. Crazy. I guess it's a good book for Signature Service collectors.

MarvelAge41.jpg

Here's one you don't see too often.

Jungle3.jpg

Edited by bomber-bob

I found these recently:

IMG_1913_zpsh1ultrug.jpg

Not sure where the issues in between ended up.

Nice score - the one in the middle is a low print run issue and sells for $50 and up. They are also all really nice comics.

i wish i could find that book for 50 dollars. never see it under 200 usually