• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Lego Thread - Yes, Comic Book Related
2 2

408 posts in this topic

just and FYI, Toys R us is having a promo for october where the are doing minifig givaways for each week with purchase of $49+.

They call it bricktober, the last couple of years they where mini modular buildings.

Harley Quinn Life-Size Lego Sculpture To Appear At NYCC

yDtqsqY.png

LEGO has decided to give the lovable mallet-wielding villain her very own life-sized statue, which seems to be based on the version seen in the popular DC Super Hero Girls animated series. The statue will be viewable at this year's New York Comic-Con, where fans can pose alongside it for pictures and selfie opportunities (via THR).

Harley was created from 12,789 LEGO bricks, and it took the team around 120 hours to design and build the impressive statue. She stands at 5 foot 3 inches tall and weighs 63 lbs, and of course, comes with her trademark mallet. Hopefully, the mallet will be enough to dissuade passersby from knocking the impressive figure down, but if not, the convention can just make the perpetrator stand still in its place. Sure it would be uncomfortable, but rules are rules!

October 6 – 9, 2016, at the Javits Center.

Next Modular House:

10225: $279.99

This is the 10th Anniversary since Cafe Corner and is 1.5 the size of normal modulars. I am actually not too pleased by that since every other building took up the same spacial area as far as the baseplate. This sort of screws things up in way.

Guess I am going to have to design something somewhere down the line.

29743450883_b4e35ba415.jpg

If you have not picked up Lego 76060 an interesting point was raised on one of the Lego forums... this is a one off exclusive release and not widespread. This could possibly become retired quickly like the Ant-Man set.

It is only available from Target and Lego Shop At Home (Not the Lego Stores) for $29.99

I ordered one the other day in case I want to utilize the elements and make a modular Sanctum Sanctorum in scale with the other modular buildings.

https://www.lego.com/en-us/marvelsuperheroes/products/doctor-stranges-sanctum-sanctorum-76060

Also... this is currently shipping... However I would wait until Black Friday as the Lego Black Friday incentive is a Lego Brick Built Snow Globe which is kind of cool.

Lego-21306-The-Beatles-Yellow-Submarine.jpg

Images of the new Guardians of the Galaxy sets were released.

If you did not pick up the original "Milano" from GotG1 I would suggest you do. The new version is half to 2/3 the size with the original being far superior.

Look for Lego 76021

This ship will be sought after once the public realizes how much the newer version sucks.

Whoa... got the images for the Star Wars Episode VIII LEGO sets... BIG SPOILER....

How do I upload the images but put them in a spoiler... 

Edited by Buzzetta

I can post this set as it is not giving away any spoilers and this ship was seen in the trailers.

75188_resistancebomber_proof_leak.jpg

75188_resistancebomber_minifigs_proof_leak.jpg

GF1dpXI.png

Spoiler
3 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

Whoa... got the images for the Star Wars Episode VIII LEGO sets... BIG SPOILER....

How do I upload the images but put them in a spoiler... 

I have never done it before but if you click on the "eye" icon you get the spoiler

Spoiler

Big Spoiler because it reveals the size and scale of Supreme Leader Snoke... He is no bigger than anyone else.  

75190_firstorderstardestroyer_minifigs_proof_leak.jpg

75190_firstorderstardestroyer_back_proof_leak.jpg

75190_firstorderstardestroyer_proof_leak.jpg

Edited by Buzzetta
Kind of a big spoiler - don't open if you don't like that sort of thing.

14 hours ago, Buzzetta said:
  Hide contents

Big Spoiler because it reveals the size and scale of Supreme Leader Snoke... He is no bigger than anyone else.  

75190_firstorderstardestroyer_minifigs_proof_leak.jpg

75190_firstorderstardestroyer_back_proof_leak.jpg

75190_firstorderstardestroyer_proof_leak.jpg

I wonder if that is actually a Snoke figure. Seems way different than in the hologram images in Episode VII.

Lordy...

THIS is actually happening.  It should be on the shelves in about a year I guess... Originally this was shot down but I assume that was due to a licensing issue and now it appears that license has been obtained. I would guess that the price point to be around $200.

https://ideas.lego.com/blogs/a4ae09b6-0d4c-4307-9da8-3ee9f3d368d6/post/f20a58da-a8fd-4a2c-a0db-3a094de6fe21

4633439-Voltron_-_Defender_of_the_Univese_-_Fan_Model-EfI2I7gJ6O-D4A-thumbnail-full.png.abf972af921b71f47aac5098ff4f9e90.png

Edited by Buzzetta

On 5/31/2017 at 1:57 PM, solm4st3r said:

I wonder if that is actually a Snoke figure. Seems way different than in the hologram images in Episode VII.

Turns out it was the actual Snoke figure... official images were released. 

The biggest Lego set ever produced and the worst kept secret of the company was officially announced.

They are bringing back the Ultimate Millennium Falcon at a retail price of $800 US.  Yes, you heard that right, $800 US. 

I am considering getting this... don't know.  I knew this was coming and put up a bunch of Lego on eBay.  If I can raise the $868 (after tax) I MAY (emphasis on MAY) pick this up.  Already sold: (Prices realized before shipping) Running Total $1058.92

I would also want to get this during a double points type of reward so I could capitalize on the lego Bonus for the future... hm 

Lego 75197 - Jurassic World - Raptor Rampage - $61.20 - No box but polybagged

Lego 7104 - Desert Skiff - $13.25 - Loose and Complete

Lego 7143 - Obi Wan Kenobi's Jedi Starfighter - $17.80 - Loose and Complete

Lego 4853 - Spider-man Street Chase - $23.25 - Loose and Complete

Lego 7255 - General Grievous Chase - $41.85 - Loose and Complete

Lego 6209 - Slave 1 - $60.45 - Loose and Complete

Lego 4865 - Harry Potter and the Forbidden Forest - $20 - Loose and Complete

Lego 7661 - Jedi Starfighter with Hyperdrive Booster - $85.50 - Sealed in Polybags

Lego 850935 Graduation Set - Factory Sealed - $40

LEGO 9488 Elite Clone Trooper & Commando Droid Battle Pack - $19

Lego 6765 Wild West Gold City Junction 1996 - $95

LEGO Star Wars Mini Arc-170 StarFighter 6967 100% Complete - $3.60

LEGO Western Fort LEGOREDO #6769 1996 100% Complete With Figures & Instructions - $185

Vintage Lego Classic Town No. 1612 Race Car Complete w/ Manual 1988 - $8

Lego TMNT Splinter Keychain - $3

Lego Star Wars #4501 Mos Eisley Cantina - 2004 - 100% Complete - $62.50

Lego Western #6755 Sheriff Lock-Up 100% Complete - $39.99

LEGO Star Wars Yoda's Jedi Starfighter 75168 - $19.50

LEGO Star Wars AT-AT 75075 Microfighters Series 2, Brand New - Retired! - $10

LEGO Star Wars AT-AT 75075 Microfighters Series 2, Brand New - Retired! - $10 (I had two)

Lego 6578 Polar Explorer Complete w/ Manual - $4.50

Lego Batman Lot of Mini Sets - $26.49

Lego Simpsons Figures $29.50

Lego Star Wars Naboo Starfighter 75092. New in a sealed box. Retired Lego set. - $53.99

LEGO #31036 Creator Toy & Grocery Shop Modular 100% Complete - $32.55

LEGO Creator Blue Roadster 6913 - 3-in-1 (Off-roader, JEEP, Racer) - $15

Lego Wild West WEAPONS WAGON #6716-Cavalry-Covered Wagon-Unopened-Cannon - $55

LEGO Island Racer 5920 Set Adventurers Dino Island 1x minifig roadster Barron x 2 - $26

Edited by Buzzetta