• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

IDW Transformers G1 Continuity Appreciation Thread
4 4

523 posts in this topic

Snagged this little beauty off ebay last week. I don't think it's a 9.8, maybe a 9.6, it has a soft bottom left corner. But I may still send it out to be graded.

Congrats on both the comic and the original! Too bad I didn't know he still had it or it would be mine! ;-)

Snagged this little beauty off ebay last week. I don't think it's a 9.8, maybe a 9.6, it has a soft bottom left corner. But I may still send it out to be graded.

Congrats on both the comic and the original! Too bad I didn't know he still had it or it would be mine! ;-)

If it makes you feel better, I've had it for a little while now, it wasn't a new purchase, getting the comic finally is.

If it makes you feel better, I've had it for a little while now, it wasn't a new purchase, getting the comic finally is.

That does make me feel a bit better. I just recently purchased the X-Men homage, so we're good. Nice job on the framing, BTW!

That does make me feel a bit better. I just recently purchased the X-Men homage, so we're good. Nice job on the framing, BTW!

Thanks, that's the 3rd page that's graced that frame. 1st it was and Edlund Tick page, then it was the Uncanny X-Force Venom Variant and now it's this page. Each was a favorite of mine for a good time.

PS: Scans or it doesn't exist!

Too lazy to scroll back to see if it's been mentioned yet, but there's a terrific IDW Humble Bundle going right now that includes tons of TF's stuff, as well as their G.I. Joe, Rom, Action Man, etc titles. Even the recent Revolution stuff. You can get a bunch for $1, a little more for $8. I paid $15 and got the entire bundle (you can pay $20 for the comic set with some "trading cards" but I wasn't interested in that.) That's a butt-ton of great reading if you're into these books, for the MSRP of about, what, three or four physical IDW comics? Can't beat the deal.

I finished reading MTMTE and self-titled in the last few days. MTMTE wasn't bad. S/T series just didn't have that same pop after a while. Both felt somewhat rushed to me. Till All Are One has been a real page turner for me. I can't wait for the new series launches. Especially since I have those RI books on my preorder. Anone reading Revolution? I decided to give it a miss. Felt a little too Hasbro-driven in the filler stories. Thoughts?

I finished reading MTMTE and self-titled in the last few days. MTMTE wasn't bad. S/T series just didn't have that same pop after a while. Both felt somewhat rushed to me. Till All Are One has been a real page turner for me. I can't wait for the new series launches. Especially since I have those RI books on my preorder. Anone reading Revolution? I decided to give it a miss. Felt a little too Hasbro-driven in the filler stories. Thoughts?

Not reading Revolution but have flipped through it. Basically it's all the Cybertronians fault, they brought Earth into the mess with their fuel and tech.

I will read the one shots for the MTMTE and former RID Revolution tie ins before the new books launch. I hope you and anyone else did pre-order the 1:50 Optimus book. lol 100 or less are going to make it out. Same with Lost Light.

1:50.....man, they were reaching really hard on this relaunch. I guess they hope to pick up new readers from Rom, Action Man, MASK and G.I. Joe.

Good luck IDW, and please keep the cross-overs to a separate book!

Which stores even allow you to preorder 1:50 copies?

I know some stores will let you order the "extra" copies to get to the 50 mark at cost. so if their normal order is 30, you can buy 20 at the diamond price and get the 1:50 copy. Obviously they won't do this for everyone, but if you have a pull list and you're a good customer they may consider it.