• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marvel Third Eye Black Light Posters
1 1

35 posts in this topic

One of may very 1st collection buys- had three of them. All has never been hung up.

IMG_42231.jpg

IMG_42241.jpg

IMG_42281.jpg

Drawback to them - they are pretty big. A good frame is $$$ - makes them harder to resell. Shipping would be a mess - and live you may not get someone willing to shell out ~ $500.

Benefit to them - put them in a good frame and they look SWEET on the wall.

Was this created for the poster, or was it taken from a comic?

If from comic, which one? Very cool!

have not found much info on the source for each image - but I would assume they were swipes or composite art from the day -

There were 24 posters - and one promo poster with images of all (for retail display) -

one of the promo posters sold at HA for over $500 back in 2010...

HA third eye

26453f5a-975c-4c45-962c-3dad35c09728.jpg

lit up with my resto check flashlight - the phone camera does not do it justice

IMG_7948_zps9xq17mw9.jpg

I hear you. My resto black light flashlight as well. I'm looking for a little spot cannister or two to do the trick. Trippy in the dark. Condition is key for me. But even with a simple black (archival) mat and black frame, you need someone who can do archival framing and not just drymount the poster, and that can add on an extra $300+ to the price tag. In mint condition, the posters can run $500.

I'd love to own a Conan and a Hela & Odin as well.

I have a couple of the posters still I really should have framed before they get to damaged from storage.

The posters are cool but having a good black light system to showcase them isn't something I'm into right now but I do still collect the third eye postcards and puzzles.

I wish they had done some complete comics with that coloring though.

These were released in 1971 I believe and the posters,puzzles and postcards are excellent 1970's pieces to own. (thumbs u

Here's my Cap and Iron Man Third Eye posters in their natural habitat ca. the mid 70s. Sorry to say I lost the Cap sometime in the early 90s, but still have Iron Man.

Rich%20Room.jpg

Is that a TV with a dial??? No remote??? lol

Here's my Cap and Iron Man Third Eye posters in their natural habitat ca. the mid 70s. Sorry to say I lost the Cap sometime in the early 90s, but still have Iron Man.

Rich%20Room.jpg

Is that a TV with a dial??? No remote??? lol

I noticed the same thing, along with the TV plugged directly into a 2 plug outlet with no need for a power strip to accommodate a cable box, DVR, surround sound system, streaming media player, etc.

Imagine, a home entertainment system needing only one electrical plug! :ohnoez:

(My bet is the other plug was used for a lamp) :)