• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My road to success (Moving Update 2)
8 8

6,552 posts in this topic

I believe you said that you were applying at McDonalds today. How did that go?

Like it always does I guess. I asked for the manager and gave him my resume.

McDonalds takes resumes? I worked at KFC years ago and all I did was fill out an application (shrug)

The McDonalds in my area always have Now Hiring signs, and all you do is fill out an application. You're not applying at Microsoft, McDonalds doesn't need a resume. Fifty bucks says he never even walked in the door.

I'll only take that bet if you promise a .50 cents return if I lose :sumo:

As far as I know, McDonalds is always hiring, but in the wild chance the one he "applied" to isn't, there are several other options available when you have no real responsibilities. Burger King, Taco Bell, Wendy's etc etc.

Sorry, man, 50 cents is 50 cents! Seriously, though, he knows all those opportunities are out there, he just doesn't want to work any more than absolutely necessary. Is there any of us reading this thread, besides Gabe, who doesn't know that you can be the biggest doofus in the world, and still work 40 hours or more a week, somewhere, doing something? But you have to WANT to do it, and Gabe very clearly doesn't.

I never said that I don't want to work 40 hours a week but I did say that physical jobs would drain me way too quickly.

As you have stated, you have "some sort" of emotional and learning issues.

I don't need an answer but I am curious...Do you have any medical issues that preclude you from being able to do physical labour? What do you mean "drain you too quickly"? You are a young man in your 20's.

Yes, working construction (especially if living a sedentary lifestyle) would take some getting use to but you will. Everyone has aches and pains, when I worked construction you bet I did, but that is normal. You get use to it. Your body will adapt.

Most people have and continue to work through pain and/or discomfort at some point or heck, even on a daily basis. For someone your age and in your economic position, not doing a physical job for anything other than a diagnosed physical injury or impairment just seems like an excuse.

Earlier in the thread Gabe was complaining about packing and lifting bags of groceries hurting his back. He also had problems with the cold weather.

That's ridiculous. The heaviest one grocery bag can be what? 15 lbs? Even if it is double bagged, 20 lbs? All you have to do to work as a bagger is hustle, good manners and be clean. 20 lbs isn't back breaking work for anyone in their 20's.

No but the repetitive lifting was getting to me and yes I did have good manners and was clean.

Edited by uchiha101

McDonalds takes resumes? I worked at KFC years ago and all I did was fill out an application (shrug)

The McDonalds in my area always have Now Hiring signs, and all you do is fill out an application. You're not applying at Microsoft, McDonalds doesn't need a resume. Fifty bucks says he never even walked in the door.

As far as I know, McDonalds is always hiring, but in the wild chance the one he "applied" to isn't, there are several other options available when you have no real responsibilities. Burger King, Taco Bell, Wendy's etc etc.

Sorry, man, 50 cents is 50 cents! Seriously, though, he knows all those opportunities are out there, he just doesn't want to work any more than absolutely necessary. Is there any of us reading this thread, besides Gabe, who doesn't know that you can be the biggest doofus in the world, and still work 40 hours or more a week, somewhere, doing something? But you have to WANT to do it, and Gabe very clearly doesn't.

I never said that I don't want to work 40 hours a week but I did say that physical jobs would drain me way too quickly.

I don't need an answer but I am curious...Do you have any medical issues that preclude you from being able to do physical labour? What do you mean "drain you too quickly"? You are a young man in your 20's.

Yes, working construction (especially if living a sedentary lifestyle) would take some getting use to but you will. Everyone has aches and pains, when I worked construction you bet I did, but that is normal. You get use to it. Your body will adapt.

Most people have and continue to work through pain and/or discomfort at some point or heck, even on a daily basis. For someone your age and in your economic position, not doing a physical job for anything other than a diagnosed physical injury or impairment just seems like an excuse.

Earlier in the thread Gabe was complaining about packing and lifting bags of groceries hurting his back. He also had problems with the cold weather.

That's ridiculous. The heaviest one grocery bag can be what? 15 lbs? Even if it is double bagged, 20 lbs? All you have to do to work as a bagger is hustle, good manners and be clean. 20 lbs isn't back breaking work for anyone in their 20's.

No but the repetitive lifting was getting to me and yes I did have good manners and was clean.

No offense, Gabe, but I just don't buy your excuse. At two of the grocery stores in my town, there are baggers that have Down Syndrome. They both hustle their tails off and are grateful to have a job. No, I don't know your specific situation well, but if they can handle it, I'm sure you are more than capable of doing it. Do you do any exercise or just play video games in your spare time? If the answer is more of the latter, do more of the former.

Don't worry, I doubt anyone here will be jumping on the "pink variant" or restored, mid grade semi key at GPA high market anytime soon bro.

Meeklo should trademark that - seems to be a key selling feature hm

Custom status?

I thought you just said you filled out an application plus gave them your resume. (shrug)

It depends but yes in most cases I do both so I have a better chance of getting a interview

Either your idea doesn't work very well since you don't get very many interviews or you make a very bad first impression when you hand off your resume. Maybe you're giving off some weird vibes to the manager when you drop off your resume.

I'm not sure about weird vibes but I'm always nervous when I really want a job.

Heck, in that case you should never be nervous. Out of curiosity, what was the managers name?

One of the managers was named Peter

How many managers did you talk to? What was the name of the manager you handed your resume to?

Two managers and the guy that took my resume was named peter

Here's something you might try. Send Peter a Thank You note thanking him for taking the time to talk to you, even if all he did was take your resume. Very few people do this, and it might make you stand out among the other applicants. At the minimum, he will remember your name, and that may be the little something extra that gets you a job offer. (thumbs u

Can't hurt to try it thanks.

It can. They might offer you a job.

Don't worry, I doubt anyone here will be jumping on the "pink variant" or restored, mid grade semi key at GPA high market anytime soon bro.

Custom status?

Hell - even a custom title, someone should PM Arch asap!

Custom status?

You need to have a resume and fill out the mod custom status application form.

Questions include:

Do you know what contentious posting is?

Have you met, or you yourself been a contentious poster?

Have you submitted a book, contested the grade, and had Matt Nelson agree with you, but the grade didn't change?

Are you attracted to brunette males in sport coats?

Have you played Pokemon?

Is this a political question?

Do you love movies?

Have you won FOTY?

Do you find the forum search function difficult?

Does reading more than 3 sentences make you sleepy?

I've stopped drinking, but thinking I might have the budget to go on a week long bender here

Bring a bottle over and we'll read this thread together.

hm did that sound a bit strange?

lol a bit. I do have a book to show you...

Custom status?

Title...that's what I meant...sorry, I haven't been drinking...yet.

No offense, Gabe, but I just don't buy your excuse. At two of the grocery stores in my town, there are baggers that have Down Syndrome. They both hustle their tails off and are grateful to have a job. No, I don't know your specific situation well, but if they can handle it, I'm sure you are more than capable of doing it. Do you do any exercise or just play video games in your spare time? If the answer is more of the latter, do more of the former.

I don't buy his excuse either. I have a team member in one of my stores that has developmental issues but is able to hold down a 30+ hours/week job plus he lives on his own. I've had team members with mental health issues that were able to function at work and never complained when they had to do tasks. Gabe's excuses are just that, excuses. If he truly wants to succeed then he needs to work harder and stop being a drama queen.

I've stopped drinking, but thinking I might have the budget to go on a week long bender here

Bring a bottle over and we'll read this thread together.

hm did that sound a bit strange?

lol a bit. I do have a book to show you...

hm Which one?

Kama Sutra :wishluck:

Custom status?

Here's the pink variant you need Uchicha.

egqveq.jpg

Haha

8 8