• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

NM98 CGC 9.8 post movie pricing

NM98 post movie pricing  

480 members have voted

1. 1. NM98 post movie pricing

125 posts in this topic

Looks like my decision to sell my 9.8 back when the movie news hit was a solid one, as I got close to a grand for it.

Meanwhile, my decision to sell my BA 12 9.8 when Suicide Squad was announced is looking worse and worse...

You could have taken the money from the BA 12 sale and reinvested it into other books several times over since the sale and made far more money than the difference in realized prices between your sale price and the current market price.

Getting anywhere close to a g-ball for a NM 87 in 9.8 is ridiculous, there is no question that is as good as it could get.If you look hard enough at cons, you can get another raw HG copy and press it to a 9.8.

I agree with what you said about the BA 12, but if he sold the BA 12 for a $1000, that would be regrettable.

Looks like my decision to sell my 9.8 back when the movie news hit was a solid one, as I got close to a grand for it.

Meanwhile, my decision to sell my BA 12 9.8 when Suicide Squad was announced is looking worse and worse...

You could have taken the money from the BA 12 sale and reinvested it into other books several times over since the sale and made far more money than the difference in realized prices between your sale price and the current market price.

Getting anywhere close to a g-ball for a NM 87 in 9.8 is ridiculous, there is no question that is as good as it could get.If you look hard enough at cons, you can get another raw HG copy and press it to a 9.8.

I agree with what you said about the BA 12, but if he sold the BA 12 for a $1000, that would be regrettable.

Who's said anything about a NM 87? (shrug)

So this happened today...

Deadline is reporting that Deadpool director Tim Miller is leaving the sequel over a series of creative differences with star Ryan Reynolds.

http://io9.gizmodo.com/report-director-tim-miller-quits-deadpool-2-over-issue-1788103846

That does not bold well for the next film and maybe the value of NM 98.

Yup. So far, the story is it was over Cable and the direction for the new movie.

Deadpool Director, Ryan Reynolds Clashed Over Cable Casting

Now, after doing some digging, Umberto "El Mayimbe" Gonzalez of The Wrap is claiming the two clashed over the sequel's tone and who should play Cable — the powerful time-traveling mutant with a bionic arm and a messiah complex

"Miller, who owns a visual effects studio and we’re told did much of the polishing work on the original Deadpool for free, wanted more of a stylized sequel, while the actor placed his focus more on the raunchy comedy style that earned the first movie its R rating," The Wrap reports. "The casting issue also eventually came to a head over Kyle Chandler‘s rumored participation. Miller wanted the Bloodline star to play Cable, though Reynolds did not. Ultimately, the studio backed its marketable star, and the man behind the camera packed up his lenses."

While it appeared as though Miller and Reynolds had a good working relationship, The Wrap also claims the two have a "contentious relationship" and hardly communicate with each other. Additionally, when Reynolds renegotiated his contract for Deadpool 2, he asked and received "casting approval and other creative controls," so 20th Century Fox and Miller couldn't just dismiss Reynolds's suggestions.

'He did it!'

k6rEe69.jpg

Even other directors are sharing their concern.

ztZsdXV.png

Supposedly there was a twitter post as well that is being noted as spiteful.

Ryan Reynolds Asked Fans For Input On Next Deadpool Movie

Miller’s departure from Deadpool 2 took place Friday night, according to reports. This morning, prior to news of Miller’s departure being made public, Reynolds tweeted out a poll. The tweet read, “I need your input on where we should set the climactic sequence for the next Deadpool film.” Both options to vote in the poll were “A bridge.”

After the news of Miller quitting Deadpool 2 surfaced and this tweet began to get some additional attention, Reynolds deleted it. Was this a jab at Miller over one of their “creative differences?”

:(

Aww man!

As a fan of Reynolds (and the direction of the movie) this is definitely bad news :(

I'd like to think they might be able to solve their creative differences by reflecting on the success of the first movie but it sounds like there's too much bitterness between them both.

NM98 is always going to be a book a must have. It's not dropping, its fluctuating. Hitting the panic button now cause the book is trending downward now is just a bad move if in fact it is your only copy. I have just one CGC 9.8 newsstand and I know if I sold it now, I will want it back one day. No doubt have to pay more for it too.

Edited by Junkdrawer

So this happened today...

Deadline is reporting that Deadpool director Tim Miller is leaving the sequel over a series of creative differences with star Ryan Reynolds.

http://io9.gizmodo.com/report-director-tim-miller-quits-deadpool-2-over-issue-1788103846

That does not bold well for the next film and maybe the value of NM 98.

I'm ok with this.

Reynolds had more passion than anyone to get the first film going.

Wow these books are kinda crashing.

Last CGC sales of all grades are way down.

I assumed there would been a market adjustment, but this feels like a slight crash.

Its not like Deadpool is a cold character of all of a sudden. Deadpool is more relevant than ever.

This small crash is slightly surprising.

I remember a time when Batman comics were horrible sellers

I remember a time when Marvel sold Spider-man for 7 mill to Somy

I remember a time when TMNT 1 was selling for 2-300$ long after the 1st movie was released

Ask yourselves..

Do u believe in the longevity of this property?

If so nows the best time to buy

Not so sure. A lot of comic pricing, especially where supply isn't an issue, is backed by he belief that you can always sell it for what you paid. Once a collectible falls in price, many holders of a book that bought on speculation tend to dump the book. Thus a downward cycle.

The overshoot downward will correct upward but the difficulty is figuring when and at what price that will happen.

Comparing to TMNT 1 is a little off as the supply is legitimately scarce.

Hulk 181 is not a great comparison either as Wolverine is a "blue chip" character as it were.

Deadpool is still hotter than hot but there a significant odds that he could fall out of favor. That has to be priced in.

Not sure I'd sell unless it was a reasonable price. But if I was a buyer I'd wait a bit.

And if more folks are like me, it reinforces the continuing drop in prices. Until it comes back or gets ridiculous.

Not so sure. A lot of comic pricing, especially where supply isn't an issue, is backed by he belief that you can always sell it for what you paid. Once a collectible falls in price, many holders of a book that bought on speculation tend to dump the book. Thus a downward cycle.

The overshoot downward will correct upward but the difficulty is figuring when and at what price that will happen.

Comparing to TMNT 1 is a little off as the supply is legitimately scarce.

Hulk 181 is not a great comparison either as Wolverine is a "blue chip" character as it were.

Deadpool is still hotter than hot but there a significant odds that he could fall out of favor. That has to be priced in.

Theres always an excuse to justify a current trend. Whether its up or downwards.

The trick is always to buy when stock is down.

Its currently down

NM98 is as blue chip as it gets

It will come back

Will it fall a little more? Thats not important. It is my belief that it will sell higher in the future than it has when it peaked