• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,807 posts in this topic

Answer this:

How much supply is there of X-Drek #11? Both printed and currently in stores/online?

How SIGNIFICANT is X-Drek #11 in terms of KEY turning point in relation to speculated hype?

How LONG has X-Drek #11 been ACTIVE on the market with no significant market appreciation.

How long until this current wave of X-drek #11 hype dies and brings it back to Drek Rate status?

Answer this:

How much supply is there of X-Drek #11? Both printed and currently in stores/online?

How SIGNIFICANT is X-Drek #11 in terms of KEY turning point in relation to speculated hype?

How LONG has X-Drek #11 been ACTIVE on the market with no significant market appreciation.

How long until this current wave of X-drek #11 hype dies and brings it back to Drek Rate status?

index_zps7buayock.jpg

It's all dreck until the character appears in a movie, honestly, I'm glad people are calling stuff like this dreck because I'm the one buying them for a $1 each, slabbing them and selling them for 10x what I paid for it. I just sold a Spider-Man #13 9.8 for $130 and another for $90, I bought 11 copies at a show for $1 each, I felt 5 of them looked like 9.8s, all 5 came back slabbed 9.8, I have 3 left...

Sold the rest raw for $12-$20 each.

+1

Other than having a nice cover, what is special about #13?

(And that's one that is typically in the premium $2-3 boxes, $1 each is a steal!)

seems to be mainly a $5 book on ebay, but I suppose if you call them a 9.8 and bidders have confidence, it's much better

I don't think Kevin would call a book a 9.8 that wouldn't be a 9.8 if slabbed.Give the guy some credit....

I buy and slab the same sorts of books that Kevin does, if they are soft 9.8's (2-4 non color breaks), I press them first.

Books like this that are 9.2-9.6 get $15-$20, raw.

I'm not trying to ding anyone. I'm looking at a bunch of completed "nm" sales in the $5 range, that's all. If you have raw 9.8s and buyers are confident in you, you can do much better no doubt.

If those are $15-$20 ebay sales I'm gonna go dig up my copies! show sales are a different universe i suppose.

Edited by the blob

It's all dreck until the character appears in a movie, honestly, I'm glad people are calling stuff like this dreck because I'm the one buying them for a $1 each, slabbing them and selling them for 10x what I paid for it. I just sold a Spider-Man #13 9.8 for $130 and another for $90, I bought 11 copies at a show for $1 each, I felt 5 of them looked like 9.8s, all 5 came back slabbed 9.8, I have 3 left...

Sold the rest raw for $12-$20 each.

I prefer to chase HTF books than invest in 9.8 drek from an investment/time stand point. The current 9.8 state of the market on non key books is the lowest its ever been mainly due to saturation. For every drek you flip for 50.00 there are 10 that will close at a loss. Look at books like ASM annual #21. Longshot #1.. These books were $250+ at 9.8 at some point.. a 9.8 asm 21 annual recently closed at $60 (!)

I can go to koch's warehouse and sit there for an hour and come back with random Bronze books that will grade 9.8 for $5 a pop. Do I really wanna do it? No, I got bigger books Im sitting on, and better ways to manage my time/investments..

Just an observation

I'm the one buying them for a $1 each, slabbing them and selling them for 10x what I paid for it.

You're buying them for $1, slabbing them, and then selling them for $10...? I think there's a malfunction in your business plan....

That was too good an opportunity to spoiler....

It's not drek if someone is paying $167 for it!

:o

:roflmao:

Sorry my concrete jungle brother. This is prolly the silliest thing I've heard in a while :foryou:

dreck

/drek/

noun informal

noun: drek

rubbish; trash.

"this so-called art is pure dreck"

One man's drek, another man's $167. I wouldn't call it "drek" now either...maybe 3 years ago, but not now.

Have you guys lost your mind? Like... completely?

If its printed in the 90s, First title's letter is X and its drawn by Liefeld - Its drek!

The problem were having with the market today is that its soooooo easy to pump and dump books that with just very little effort you can sell drek to the masses CONVINCING them they have the next big key. Time and again we see books over inflate and then drop back to nothing. How many books did this happen to? 100?? 1000???

We REFUSE to learn because as today's soup de'jour is served to us, we are blinded and mesmerized by its scent and drop our next car payment bill on it thinking "this is the one that will stick"!

X-Force #11 was is and always will be drek

I'm not disagreeing with the dreck vs not-dreck argument here, but I think your search was a bit off.

These sales of X-Force #11 have been the norm for quite some time. The ones in your search seem to be outliers.

Its not an outlier. I minimized the search ON PURPOSE so you could clearly see how many books sold up until 48 hours ago for under $5. Some at 2, some at 1

If that doesnt tell you that this book is drek I dont know what else will

Ah I see. I'm still not sure why you are choosing to die on this hill, though. It's Friday, chill out and read some Rat Queens :baiting:

Sorry my concrete jungle brother. This is prolly the silliest thing I've heard in a while :foryou:

dreck

/drek/

noun informal

rubbish; trash.

One man's drek, another man's $167. I wouldn't call it "drek" now either...maybe 3 years ago, but not now.

If its printed in the 90s, First title's letter is X and its drawn by Liefeld - Its drek!

The problem were having with the market today is that its soooooo easy to pump and dump books that with just very little effort you can sell drek to the masses CONVINCING them they have the next big key. Time and again we see books over inflate and then drop back to nothing. How many books did this happen to? 100?? 1000???

We REFUSE to learn because as today's soup de'jour is served to us, we are blinded and mesmerized by its scent and drop our next car payment bill on it thinking "this is the one that will stick"!

I'm not disagreeing with the dreck vs not-dreck argument here, but I think your search was a bit off.

These sales of X-Force #11 have been the norm for quite some time. The ones in your search seem to be outliers.

Its not an outlier. I minimized the search ON PURPOSE so you could clearly see how many books sold up until 48 hours ago for under $5. Some at 2, some at 1

Ah I see. I'm still not sure why you are choosing to die on this hill, though. It's Friday, chill out and read some Rat Queens :baiting:

Chill HERE on a Friday??

.. Those millennials, I tell ya...

dreck

/drek/

noun informal

rubbish; trash.

Chill HERE on a Friday??

.. Those millennials, I tell ya...

:preach:

My sarcasm switch is busted, but isn't X-force 11 the 1st appearance of what CGC calls the "real" domino?

just for clarification, is the Domino in #8 thereby a fake?

I did get Xforce 11 graded by my own submission (was cheaper) I did that because I did it with the punisher and seemed of similar importance to me (anyway :blahblah:) just the way I've been collecting for my own personal collection, not pump and dump...too many out there for ever to gain traction unless (like similar ASM 134, 135) "NO" one gets them graded and in 30 years there are not many high grades anymore....

As I understand it, #11 reveals that the Domino that we've been seeing was a fake. But #8 is a flashback issue, with (presumably) the real Domino, so that would technically be the first time the non-fake Domino was published, just not in the contemporary timeline

This is it. In issue #8, you're looking at a character who IS DOMINO.

So...................X-Force #11 = UXM #266 and X-Force #8 = UXM Annual situation here?

UXM266/Annual14 is its own special situation. It's clear from the stories that, creatively, 266 was meant to come first, but the publishing/marketing schedule didn't allow for that, so some tweaks were needed to the story in the Annual to explain who this Gambit guy was. X-Force 8 was clearly written as a flashback story.

I'm still pulling my Spider-man 13s . . . since this afternoon. lol:acclaim:

Why are people paying for this, just because of the cover? (shrug)

Correct. Isn't that all it usually takes? How many of those cover collectors have ever actually ready the interiors? I ask it all the time at cons I do, and it's probably 75% to "I just collect cool looking covers".

I can go to koch's warehouse and sit there for an hour and come back with random Bronze books that will grade 9.8 for $5 a pop.

-----------------

That's not the same warehouse I've been in. He has a lot of stuff and he is a nice guy, but keeping comics in tip top condition over the years has not been his strong point. Lots of shelf dings on stuff that was put to the side 30, 35 years ago.

I can go to koch's warehouse and sit there for an hour and come back with random Bronze books that will grade 9.8 for $5 a pop.

-----------------

That's not the same warehouse I've been in. He has a lot of stuff and he is a nice guy, but keeping comics in tip top condition over the years has not been his strong point. Lots of shelf dings on stuff that was put to the side 30, 35 years ago.

Probably the same warehouse but definitely not the same inventory since he gets stuff in regularly..

I walked out of there with more 9.8 books in one go than i'd care to sub, which is why I stopped doing this. Its simply too time consuming and thrill-less with such an insane amount of books and an insane variety

I better stop before people will start thinking im getting a commission from this

Edited by Aweandlorder