• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fox Studios' WOLVERINE 3 - LOGAN starring Hugh Jackman (2017)
8 8

1,131 posts in this topic

If I remember right, I think that's where they kinda screwed things up again. :eyeroll:

Midway through X-Men: Apocalypse they showed Logan escaping from the Weapon X Program with his Adamantium. And this trailer shows him with Adamantium.

x-men-apocalypse-wolverine-slice-600x200.jpg

What did they screw up now?

(shrug)

In DOFP he's rescued from the water by his fellow mutants..bone claws and all. He's not taken by Stryker. I think that's what he's referring to...the gaping hole he left (one of many ) in his own story line.

This is exactly what I was referring to. Major screw up, IMHO.

Guy is in crisis.

Guy sees his buddy.

Guy meets (little) girl.

Guy takes care of (little) girl.

Guy loses (little) girl to heavily armed goons.

Guy flips out to retrieve (little) girl from heavily armed goons.

Sounds like the same basic premise as The Wolverine, only with hackneyed Mad Max scenery and well maintained SUVs. Maybe it's my severe disdain for modern Marvel showing through,

but this looks about as interesting as mowing my lawn.

:o

Are you selling tickets? I want to get in on that action.

(:

You know it! The local brewery is on board as official refreshment provider too, don't miss out!

That looks like the actor from Vikings.

f94b496ba55d44774737011031e11f55.gif

This video illustrates what I am talking about. It looks like he shoots out the metal claws, but the bone claws go through the guy's head. It seems slapdash.

That to me just looks like metal claws with blood on them coming out the top of the guys head. I don't think about bone claws at all.

This video illustrates what I am talking about. It looks like he shoots out the metal claws, but the bone claws go through the guy's head. It seems slapdash.

That to me just looks like metal claws with blood on them coming out the top of the guys head. I don't think about bone claws at all.

thats adamantium with blood and brains on them.

thats adamantium with blood and brains on them.

Yup. You can see when Logan pops his claws in the hallway before striking that is metal.

OMG what a total POS movie this is going to be.

Nothing about that trailer made this movie interesting at all.

Old Man Logan this is obviously not. :facepalm:

:news: Boring alert and Wolverine #3 is the main cause.

You are entitled to your opinion, but I can tell it was discussed all day at work by everyone I ran into. It got a very positive reaction.

So...he's burying Xavier at the end of the trailer? :(

Or it could be Caliban or any other X-men.

I wonder if they will dare put in the Old Man Logan twist in the movie?

Man I sure hope so.

What's the twist?

Mysterio had tricked Wolverine into killing the X-Men.

Wouldn't Colossus be able to just bonk Wolverine on the head and knock him out? How is that possible? Whom did he kill?

You have to read the book to really understand Chip. It was more then Mysterio from memory I think Masterminds kids were involved too. Now that the cat is out of the bag it will affect how you read it, but the first time thru let me assure that "twist" was stunning.

It's an important distinction to make - the Old Man Logan comic series is wildly different than what "Logan" is going to portray. First and foremost, OML was actually...what's that word...good. Just don't go reading it expecting a lot of 2016 GMCs and 3 star hotels.

I'm not feeling it.

On the one hand, I like that they went for a more subdued, world-weary, adult vibe.

On the other, it made me think of "History of Violence" more than anything else. That was a great movie, in addition to a great comic book movie.

But it's not what I want (or expect) from a Wolverine movie.

I'll see this, but will probably have to have my "elseworlds" hat on, with diminished expectations.

Have a feeling it won't come close to X2 (which was, for good or ill, the best Wolverine flick we've seen thus far).

And I can tell already it will be hard to recommend to my friends who are no more than casual comic book movie fans -- in trying _so_ hard to avoid the look and feel of a traditional superhero movie, it comes across as pretentious -- wonderful if you're a diehard fan and understand this is a new chapter for Wolverine; confusing and dull-looking for non-comics readers who don't recognize who most of those characters are.

i'm glad i'm not burdened by expectations from having read the source material; i saw the trailer w/o any points of reference and loved it. can't wait for that flick.

I read the source material. I thought it was solar but didn't LOVE it the way many others did. There is no way the film was going to be anything close to Old Man Logan despite reports. Fox simply doesn't own most of the key characters in the original source material. Yes you can plug here and there but really I knew those expecting old man Logan would be disappointed. Over all I am just not that interested in an old guy and young girl film. Don't really care for a Wolverine Little Miss Sunshine film.

10/23 post at 10:23 AM.

W4c4cZI.png

Wolverine 3: New Look At X-23 In Logan

Today, at 10:23 ET – or, again, X-23 – the Logan Instagram account commemorated that numerical convergence by releasing a new image of Dafne Keen as X-23, Wolverine’s teenage, female clone.

The Instagram status simply reads “Laura,” which is the name given to X-23 (fully Laura Kinney in the Marvel Comics Universe) by her creators.

X-23 is a character created by writer Craig Kyle for the X-Men: Evolution animated series. X-23 made her way into the Marvel Comics universe in the 2004 series NYX. She was later taken in by Wolverine and brought to the Xavier School for Gifted Youngsters, where she joined the student X-Men team. Since then, X-23 has been a member of Wolverine's X-Force squad and joined the time-displaced original X-Men team as part of All-New X-Men. Following Logan's death, Laura has carried on his legacy as the All-New Wolverine.

Like Wolverine, X-23 has a powerful healing factor. She also has adamantium claws, two coming out of each hand and one in each foot, though her skeleton is not coated in adamantium the way Wolverine's is.

In contrast to Wolverine's feral rages, X-23 was rigorously trained the by the program that created her to be a cold, calculating killing machine. However, they also imprinted her with a "trigger scent." If X-23 smells the trigger scent, she goes berserk and murders everyone around her.

LOGAN Director James Mangold Shares A New Image Of Hugh Jackman As A Battle-Scarred Wolverine

UINtCjY.png

The excellent first trailer for Logan hit last week, but we're still getting some production stills from the movie via The WponX Instagram page and courtesy of director James Mangold himself. This one comes from Mangold's Twitter account, and features Hugh Jackman as an older, world-weary Wolverine.

We recently found out that the character's healing factor still works, but now the wounds he sustains leave scars behind - and from the looks of "Old Man Logan" here, he's accumulated quite a few over the years.