• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze Westerns

147 posts in this topic

I need to dig mine up. In 1994 I fished a bunch of this era out of a 25 cent box. BA westerns meant nothing to me at the time and I was not at all grade obsessed, but these were bagged and boarded and so darn clean looking I told myself I really should get them because I rarely found earlyish BA books in the cheap-o boxes in that kind of shape (and heck, that was 20 years ago!)

Although from an economic perspective, if they come back 9.6s, let's say 20 and 25 cent Marvel BA western issues, does it make sense to slab them?

A 9.6 can fetch $60-$70 on ebay if you're willing to be patient. Being a top graded or lone top graded helps a little too. I would check the census and pass on issues that have 2+ 9.8s of you want to sell them, unless you're 100% sure it's a 9.8.

There are still a few Marvel Bronze Western issues with no copies graded.

With sales of $60-$70 for pre-76 stuff I can see why people haven't sent copies in for slabbing. Not a lot of meat on the bone there for a seller after costs. I guess if you are a huge volume submitter it may make sense.

I need to dig mine up. Poor storage has probably brought them down to 8.0s...

You might be able to get a bit more for any of them, but you'd probably have to sit on them for a while. 15 cent covers might get a bit more in 9.6.

I posted a bunch of MMWs and Western Gunfighters over the last few pages of this thread. But I didn't post the Picture Frame books yet. And I'm always happy to post Picture Frame books:

doh!

You're right -- I guess I thought those were more Kid Colts!

So I saw a comic on ebay the other day and I cant seem to remember witch one it was.

It had in bold letters on the bottom The Missouri Kid.

Being a native Missourian I need this comic in my collection.

Anyone know witch one it is?

Thanks.

It could be this book:

29766737996_cdb48c5e9c_b.jpg

Do you have all the Kane Western covers now Barton? They are the only ones I have any interest in collecting, they just seem to stand out from the others.

I don't have them all, unfortunately. I'm missing a number of the Kid Colts. Also I'm still looking for some Ringo Kids, Two-Gun Kids, Night Riders, etc.

For me, Kane is the only reason I've chased after Westerns other than the Picture Frame books.