• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is something happening with the value of Action #58?

34 posts in this topic

Is it an over-guide book, or are all WWII Action covers over-guide books?

It is an over-guide book, and most Action war covers are. Here's my copy. Owned it for more than a decade, and have no plans to part with it.

action58.jpg

It is a slightly over guide book, but not an over GPA book. And the data is deceptive as there are tons of copies out there but relatively few sales represented.

Thanks. I just wondered. I never hear much about that issue, and then Tony pointed out the one Metro has for $663 in VG- (G?).

Metro has it graded G+.

They changed it since this evening...they lowered the grade and lowered the price...

Right. At the time I posted last night, they had it as VG- for $663. Apparently in the next hour or so (in response to this thread?) they lowered the grade and the price.

It is a slightly over guide book, but not an over GPA book. And the data is deceptive as there are tons of copies out there but relatively few sales represented.

I love it when one thread seeps into another lol

6 minutes ago, Readcomix said:
On 11/10/2016 at 4:27 AM, AJD said:

Until now. :banana:

Action_58_zpsqm1e1yb5.jpg

Woowhoo! Congrats! I want one!

Easy enough.  Just see the post directly above yours! :)

56 minutes ago, Readcomix said:
1 hour ago, Sqeggs said:

Easy enough.  Just see the post directly above yours! :)

Harley got you on commission, Tony?

I don't need a Boardwalk copy, I'd settle for Mediteranean Ave....maybe Baltic, anyway....:kidaround:

I'm with you.  Any copy would be a good one for me at this point.  When I asked Harley about that price, he said he had paid a lot for the copy and wasn't making much of a profit.