• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wonder Woman official movie thread (6/23/17)
6 6

1,526 posts in this topic

Haven't been this excited for a movie In a while! Between WW and JLA -- yesssssss..!!!!!

What's the official release date in US theatres for WW? Anyone know?

Thanks

Joey

June 2nd 2017

That's right!

Warner Bros. moved up the release date from 6/23 to 6/2 back in April.

doh!

I forgot to adjust for that in this thread. Good catch!

I have a feeling dad is a bigger fan, and the daughter was just along for the cookies and milk.

Must've been some really good cookies... I can just about get my daughter to wear a Supergirl hoodie!

Lynda Carter, Gal Gadot, and DC Comics Staff Look On As Wonder Woman Appointed Honorary Ambassador to the United Nations

lyndacarter-podium-206597.jpeg

Wonder Woman isn't just another comic book super hero now: she's also an Honorary Ambassador to the United Nations.

Diana joins the Angry Birds as one of the honorary ambassadors for the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals. Wonder Woman will be the UN Honorary Ambassador for the Empowerment of Women and Girls.

At 75 -- as the UN Under-Secretary-General for Communications and Public Information Cristina Gallach stated in her speech to the assembled Girl Scouts, DC creators, actors and press -- Wonder Woman is older than the United Nations itself.

"I think it's a great personification of what Wonder Woman means and has always meant," DC Entertainment president Diane Nelson told ComicBook.com. "The reinforcement of the social development goals that the UN has outlined particularly number five, gender equality, is so in line with what Wonder Woman has always stood, for so we're quite sure she's going to be an effective tool to help them be more effective on the ground and reinforce what her attributes are for new generations."

ww-un-meeting-206600.jpeg