• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The X-23 Thread
2 2

321 posts in this topic

"We learned further details from an insider who said that the girl in the poster is a young mutant. In 2024, mutant births are severely in decline, and people aren’t sure why. We find out about a government-type operation called “Transigen” that is turning mutant children into killing machines. Logan ends up mentoring the girl, who has two claws instead of his three."

http://www.thewrap.com/logan-wolverine-3-plot-details-revealed-exclusive/

Nail. In. The. Coffin.

Start the NYX #3 buying Selling spree...NOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FIxed that for you!

Na. You buy cheap now, then sell when the trailers drop.

Today would not be a good time to buy. The hype is building right now. Last week would have been better than today. Also, if that is actually her, she would not be old enough to resemble anything portrayed in a comic iteration.

You haven't read the books then.

"We learned further details from an insider who said that the girl in the poster is a young mutant. In 2024, mutant births are severely in decline, and people aren’t sure why. We find out about a government-type operation called “Transigen” that is turning mutant children into killing machines. Logan ends up mentoring the girl, who has two claws instead of his three."

Nail. In. The. Coffin.

FIxed that for you!

Today would not be a good time to buy. The hype is building right now. Last week would have been better than today. Also, if that is actually her, she would not be old enough to resemble anything portrayed in a comic iteration.

I doubt many in this thread have.

Nail. In. The. Coffin.

FIxed that for you!

I haven't read every book with her, no.

Which series are you referring to?

She doesn't look like a small child in this one:

afb785e8-c69f-498f-9f87-0e7c3d862607_zps491e8oew.jpg

Nor this:

9f997268-3c40-4ba0-9f13-ff7833c60f37_zpsyjaccu7z.jpg

I've read this. Not a kid in that either.

11610fcc-19a6-4dc1-8227-e1a99e211722_zpssdxketig.jpg

She was intended to be about 12 or 13 in NYX 3 when she first appeared. At least the flashback bits with her being... um... working? And it was implied that she was ... again... um... working? for a few years after escaping the facility.

She's apparently about 16-17 now in All New Wolverine. So about 4 years of aging.

Your guess is as good as mine tho if the girl in that picture is intended to be like 6 or if it's just the typical petite female Hollywood thing.

She was intended to be about 12 or 13 in NYX 3 when she first appeared. At least the flashback bits with her being... um... working? And it was implied that she was ... again... um... working? for a few years after escaping the facility.

She's apparently about 16-17 now in All New Wolverine. So about 4 years of aging.

That's not quite correct. She was around 15 in NYX. In the current All-New Wolverine, she's probably around 19-20. Her exact age hasn't been stated, but we know she's not 21 yet and we also know she's 18-19+.

And she was indeed portrayed as a little child in that first "Innocence Lost" miniseries, although she was up to the start of her teen years by the time it ended and Laura escaped from the facility.

It's been a while since I last read NYX, but I always got the impression that she was intended as younger than 15/16 in that. And that she was kinda retconned into being a couple years older with the 2 mini-series (whatever it was called.) in order to blunt some of the creepy-factor of her first few appearances a little bit. But I'll take your word for it.

Nail. In. The. Coffin.

FIxed that for you!

I haven't read every book with her, no.

Which series are you referring to?

She doesn't look like a small child in this one:

afb785e8-c69f-498f-9f87-0e7c3d862607_zps491e8oew.jpg

Nor this:

9f997268-3c40-4ba0-9f13-ff7833c60f37_zpsyjaccu7z.jpg

I've read this. Not a kid in that either.

11610fcc-19a6-4dc1-8227-e1a99e211722_zpssdxketig.jpg

Like others have said, the covers don't show the content of the story, some told in flashbacks. You do get to see her quite young.

Like others have said, the covers don't show the content of the story, some told in flashbacks. You do get to see her quite young.

Thanks....and it looks like that is what they are doing!

(thumbs u

We'll see, it's possible they'll show both. I just hope it's better than the other Wolverine outings.