• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got a comic room??? Showcase it here!
49 49

10,288 posts in this topic

Not really a comics room per se, but my wife suggested we hang this in the formal living room! :luhv:

29374656691_68f57cb55b_z.jpg

#81/150, signed at Houston Comicpalooza this year. Bernie Wrightson is such a nice guy. I'm considering going to see him in San Antonio this October, since the CGC SS plans fell through at Comicpalooza.

Well, this thread just is going to cost me some money. But, that is a good thing. So, here's the story. In 2011, my dad passed away and I ended up with all of my parents' stuff. Being the nice hoarder that I am, I kept most of it, since it was their stuff and it has some sentimental value. But, I already had a three bedroom home with three bedrooms worth of stuff. In 2012, I meet the woman I end up marrying in 2013. She owns a three bedroom home (with her two kids), and I move in... with three bedrooms of stuff and my parents stuff. So, our garage is a disaster, our house is a disaster, and did I mention we combined our pets? My dad's dog, my dog, my two cats, and her dog. Sigh...

So, I show my wife some of the cool setups on this thread. And I mention how much I'd like to do something like this if we had the space. She said "Let's do it!"... so, we are going to get some stuff together and it looks like I have some projects, but one of them will net me an entire wall of the bedroom just to store and display my comics any way I want. This is a win. I can wake up next to my beautiful wife, and look over at my beautiful stuff. I'll post more in a month or so when we get it all done. Whee!!!!!

IMG_9014.jpg

My humble comic/videogames corner at home. It's a bit messy, i'll redo the labels for the boxes and post a new pic this weekend

The magazine rack was added after seeing a post in this thread! What a great idea it is.

Edited by Cyrax

IMG_9014.jpg

My humble comic/videogames corner at home. It's a bit messy, i'll redo the labels for the boxes and post a new pic this weekend

The magazine rack was added after seeing a post in this thread! What a great idea it is.

Nice :applause:

IMG_9014.jpg

If you go to a craft store like Michael's or Hobby Lobby they have styrofoam head molds there. You can put your V for Vendetta Guy Fawkes mask on it and it will display better.

http://www.michaels.com/floracraft-male-foam-head/10477859.html#q=head&start=3

IMG_9014.jpg

If you go to a craft store like Michael's or Hobby Lobby they have styrofoam head molds there. You can put your V for Vendetta Guy Fawkes mask on it and it will display better.

Is that how you store all your Cher wigs...?

IMG_9014.jpg

Is that how you store all your Cher wigs...?

Right...my CHER wigs. Just those. No other ones. They're collectible.