• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

90's VALIANT Comics Thread

289 posts in this topic

First Look at Valiant’s Live-Action Ninjak

4780446d-e972-4623-aa0e-2bad1051427a.jpg

Valiant Entertainment has debuted the first official image of Colin King as Ninjak, in the publisher’s upcoming feature-length original digital series starring the character. Valiant is set to unveil further details for the project at New York Comic Con next week.

According to an official press release, the series “will feature Ninjak’s brutal live-action debut as he goes head-to-head with a top-secret roster of Valiant’s most iconic heroes for a bloodstained battle royale.”

:whee:

First Look At Jason David Frank As Bloodshot

bloodshot-925a3348-bm01-bigger-202932.jpeg

Ever since Valiant Entertainment first mentioned that they were producing a top secret series with Bat in the Sun, fans have been eager to see what a Jason David Frank as Bloodshot would end up looking like.

Now fans have their answer, as they've released a first look at their version of the character, and it's awfully impressive. The image is the special variant edition of Bloodshot #14, and the Top-Secret Project Jason David Frank Variant will be free at his signing session on Friday, October 7th.

ninjakvs-001-official-teaser-204300.jpg

Ninjak vs. The Valiant Universe is a six-episode series that brings Ninjak to live-action for the very first time in 2017. The series will see Ninjak running a gauntlet of Valiant’s most popular and most deadly characters.

Ninjak vs. The Valiant Universe is the first project from Valiant Digital, a new division of Valiant Entertainment that was also announced at New York Comic Con. Valiant Digital will produce original content in live-action, animation and emerging media aimed specifically at the digital market.

“With major projects in film, television, and gaming already well underway, Valiant Digital is the next strategic evolution of Valiant’s long-term plan to expand the ranks of its already sizable fanbase around the world,” said Valiant Chief Operating Officer Gavin Cuneo in a statement. "In years past, it wasn’t uncommon for comic book publishers to prime new fans by expanding into Saturday morning animation or short-form programming. Today, that demographic has largely migrated online. With the launch of Valiant Digital and, soon, Ninjak vs. The Valiant Universe, Valiant will become the first major comic book publisher to create original, short-form content for the digital arena – and, with it, introduce our characters to one of the most engaged and passionate communities anywhere.”

"We've been quietly working over the last year to build a series of a scale and ambition that has never before been attempted in the digital space. Ninjak Vs. The Valiant Universe is a showcase for the incredible characters and storytelling that Valiant has exhibited from its inception," said Valiant CEO & Chief Creative Officer Dinesh Shamdasani. "We are incredibly excited to finally be sharing the first project from Valiant Digital with the Valiant fanbase, the comic book faithful and a whole new legion of fans who consume pop culture in the digital arena but have yet to purchase their first Valiant comic. We're bringing the same passion and intensity that helped us produce some of the best comics in the business and coupling that with an incredible, first-class team of filmmakers to create an experience that must be seen to be believed.”

"Bat in the Sun couldn't be more excited to be teaming up with the Valiant Digital family with Ninjak Vs. The Valiant Universe,” said Bat in the Sun Productions co-founder Aaron Schoenke. “Since starting Bat in the Sun in 2001, we have continued to push boundaries of digital-exclusive content and we excitedly look forward to bringing our millions of fans a series unlike anything they have seen before."

Ninjak vs. The Valiant Universe will be released in 2017.

The announcement panel.

Ninjak Vs The Valiant Universe stars:

Michael Rowe as Ninjak

Jason David Frank as Bloodshot

John Morrison as the Eternal Warrior

Chantelle Barry as Roku

Kevin Porter as Armstrong

Ciera Foster as Livewire

Derek Theler as X-O Manowar

daH4tU3.png

A new variant cover for Bloodshot USA #1 debuting at Alamo City Comic Con will show off a fresh look at Jason David Frank as the character in Ninjak vs. the Valiant Universe. The series, which had its official debut announcement at New York Comic Con last week, won't premiere until 2017, but continues to get some promotion ahead of Valiant Digital's web series.

The variant is from Heroes and Fantasies, and exclusive to the convention. It shows Frank as Bloodshot, ready with a weapon for some action. The second look comes after his debut on another variant cover - so expect more of these preview images over the course of the next year as more of the Valiant Universe is shown off via comic covers before they come to life. Bloodshot U.S.A. comes from Jeff Lemire and Doug Braithwaite, and features all of New York City being infected by Bloodshot nanites.

alls I know is I have to track down a JDF Blooshot Variant 9.8 SS

What I can tell you is that I saw no CGC reps during either signing. I was going to hit the CGC table before the Sunday signing, but the subways were a mess and I got to the con about an hour late and didn't want to risk not getting the book.

alls I know is I have to track down a JDF Blooshot Variant 9.8 SS

What I can tell you is that I saw no CGC reps during either signing. I was going to hit the CGC table before the Sunday signing, but the subways were a mess and I got to the con about an hour late and didn't want to risk not getting the book.

I know someone that has some coming back from CGC SS. Send me a PM and I'll give you the contact info. I'm probably going to get one too.

daH4tU3.png

A new variant cover for Bloodshot USA #1 debuting at Alamo City Comic Con will show off a fresh look at Jason David Frank as the character in Ninjak vs. the Valiant Universe. The series, which had its official debut announcement at New York Comic Con last week, won't premiere until 2017, but continues to get some promotion ahead of Valiant Digital's web series.

The variant is from Heroes and Fantasies, and exclusive to the convention. It shows Frank as Bloodshot, ready with a weapon for some action. The second look comes after his debut on another variant cover - so expect more of these preview images over the course of the next year as more of the Valiant Universe is shown off via comic covers before they come to life. Bloodshot U.S.A. comes from Jeff Lemire and Doug Braithwaite, and features all of New York City being infected by Bloodshot nanites.

My buddy is also offering this cover CGC SS. Send me a PM if interested.

EXCLUSIVE: HARBINGER Movie -script Complete, On Track for 2018 Release

Valiant confirmed exclusively to ComicBook.com, that Harbinger the movie from Sony Pictures is on track to come out in theaters.

The -script, says Valiant Entertainment CEO and Chief Creative Officer Dinesh Shamdasani, is complete, and "is fantastic." He said that "a lot of the elements are in place," and "Sony is very aggressive" about completing the movie for the 2018 target.

"It's not solely up to [Valiant] if the movie really stays in 2018. We work with Sony on those," he said. "[but] The movie should come out around then."

Shamdasani is careful, with Valiant's aggressive path into film, the digital series Ninjak vs. The Valiant Universe, comics, and more to make sure each branch of the company is putting out the best quality product, and be "as strong as it can be."

"We treat publishing and film almost like church and state. We've seen how across the street larger media and licensing events can infect publishing negatively. We build what we build in publishing again to be the best story that it can be. We're focused on Harbinger Wars 2 [in publishing] because now this is the right story. This is the right trajectory where it's a couple years out. We feel like the anticipation will build and will help the story telling succeed," Shamdasani said. "In terms of piling the two together, if that happens, it'll be a little bit of luck."

Jason David Frank Shares New Bloody Bloodshot Photo

y58ZTcX.png

“On set with the boss!!” Frank wrote on Instagram. The caption was tagged to a photo that shows the actor getting a liberal dose of blood applied to his forehead. Frank can be seen in full costume as his hair is slicked back, his skin is greyed, and his chest armor is dyed black-and-red.

The look is very similar to what fans have seen before. Pictures of Bloodshot were debuted earlier this summer when the variant edition of Bloodshot #14 hit shelves. The image depicted Bloodshot sitting down with his sword clutched in hand. Behind him, the character is surrounded by a bullet-ridden wall with blood splattered painted across.

Dinesh Shamdasani, the CEO and CCO of Valiant, has said their upcoming web series will be an innovative, ambitious look into its massive comic canon.

"We've set out to make the best and most ambitious series ever produced in the digital space – one that will live up to the high standards we've set in publishing," he explained "As Valiant gears up for an upcoming slate of film, television and video game releases, we felt the timing was right to begin to produce live-action digital content that would both give ours fans an experience truly worthy of the Valiant Universe, while also introducing new fans to the Valiant characters in the same way the animated television shows of the 1980s and 1990s did for comics in years past. Get ready to lose your mind – seeing Ninjak in action for the first time in nothing short of incredible."